Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

cogdoc

http://vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=238

From yet another thread full of failure, some hard facts at last!!!

NEW improved loom 03G971033L @£82.28
injector 03G130073TX @£556

Old part numbers, just so you can cross reference, this info came from Audi Hatfield.
loom 03G971033D
injector 03G130073MX

The old loom: Part number suffix 'D' dropped on 01/04/2008 and changed to suffx 'L' according to ETKA.

koush

Oct 30, 2010
Churchdown,Gloucester
HI,

Don't mean to put a downer on all you guys that had your injectors replaced with 100% goodwill, but did you check with the dealer what kind of warranty they put on the parts? Most manufacturers dont put a warranty on their parts, unless you pay for them. If you had say an engine replaced just inside you warranty period, you will get the balance of the warranty, so if was replaced 1 week before the warranty was going to expire, you would only get the 1 week of warranty. The way around this is that you offer to pay £5.00 toward the repair, then you would get a 2 year warranty from Seat as a parts warranty. I work for a main dealer an come across this problem alot, and I offer customer to pay as little as £5.00 for the repair to get the full parts and lab warranty, which I believe is 2 years. With goodwill, because your warranty has already expired, then 6months down the road,if fails agian, you would have to got through the same process. Just my 2 cents worth.

Koush

paulfs

Nov 10, 2009
New Forest, HANTS
Hi koush,

A valid point & one I pursued with SEAT Customer Care directly (as with all my dealings over this fault), NOT with the Dealer, I have recorded a conversation with SEAT Customer Care that all parts were replaced with new revised parts & that all parts come with SEATs 2year Parts Warranty, therefore I am more than happy to keep running the car for the meantime at least.

SEAT Customer Care have been excellent on this matter, altho' (on the grounds of safety) I do feel they need to be proactive rather than reactive to this issue.

But they get a big thumbs up from me...

paulfs

Nov 10, 2009
New Forest, HANTS
& literally 15mins ago I have received written email confirmation from SEAT Customer Care that the Injectors are new revised parts & are covered by SEATs two year parts warranty.

Well pleased with that, now just would like the same for the Wiring Loom, they didn't refer to that directly!

Blimmin excellent stuff...

Skid_Solo

Mine failed yesterday (56 plate FR) dealer who have serviced car from new have confirmed no. 2 injector faulty, but warranty wont cover wiring loom.

After reading this thread I have contacted Seat UK who have agreed to contact dealer to instruct wiring loom to be replaced.

However they will no longer recommend all other injectors being replaced (this has apparently come from the factory) as there is no proof that more injectors will fail, after everything I have read on here and elsewhere that doesn’t fill me with confidence. They are to instruct the dealer to complete a safety check on the other injectors which should identify if they are to fail, not quite sure how that will work

Any ideas how to proceed ? I really want them all changed I don’t want the car to fail with my wife driving with the kids in the car

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
http://vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=238

From yet another thread full of failure, some hard facts at last!!!

NEW improved loom 03G971033L @£82.28
injector 03G130073TX @£556

Old part numbers, just so you can cross reference, this info came from Audi Hatfield.
loom 03G971033D
injector 03G130073MX

The old loom: Part number suffix 'D' dropped on 01/04/2008 and changed to suffx 'L' according to ETKA.

My cars a 58 So should have the new parts from factory then :D

Bora

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
Mine failed yesterday (56 plate FR) dealer who have serviced car from new have confirmed no. 2 injector faulty, but warranty wont cover wiring loom.

After reading this thread I have contacted Seat UK who have agreed to contact dealer to instruct wiring loom to be replaced.

However they will no longer recommend all other injectors being replaced (this has apparently come from the factory) as there is no proof that more injectors will fail, after everything I have read on here and elsewhere that doesn’t fill me with confidence. They are to instruct the dealer to complete a safety check on the other injectors which should identify if they are to fail, not quite sure how that will work

Any ideas how to proceed ? I really want them all changed I don’t want the car to fail with my wife driving with the kids in the car

It does seem to be the case that you have to have more than one fail before the remaining get replaced. My first failed 2 years before the next one failed and covered at least 35k miles.

Rubbish I know but that seems to be the standard procedure.

spacedmonkeys

Jan 4, 2010
Birmingham
Well I filled in my VOSA report the other day, and got a mailed letter back from VOSA stating they will be contacting the manufacturer regarding the injectors.

Please can everyone who has had an injector fail fill in a VOSA defect report -- even if you have had your injectors replaced by SEAT, there are some of us who had to cough up ourselves before SEAT even acknowledged an issue... if enough of us file reports we might get a recall and get the rest of the injectors changed for free, hopefully!

paulfs

Nov 10, 2009
New Forest, HANTS
VOSA have two from me, for each occassion that it happened, remember all that (IMO) we are reporting a a valid SAFETY issue.

I am not criticising SEAT, their customer care have been excellent over my Injectors.

However, and I've said this before, I do think it's a MUST for them to be pro-active rather than re-active, lord forbid that someone somewhere has a nasty because of this.
This is down to SEAT Senior Management, & here VOSA will apply the appropriate measures.

SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY

JB

JB
Mar 18, 2008
Fully agree, my contacting VOSA has no link with the service I have received from SEAT Customer Services which has been superb. The two occasions my injectors failed I was lucky, although could have been worse as one was on the M4 at the speed limit......and the other caused me to breakdown on a blind hill, 50mph limit and me being there almost caused two accidents!

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
In that case the flux capacitor will be more of a worry than the injectors .......:lol:

yeah by then coming to a halt on the m1 will be the least of our worries, when something massively goes wrong on a 77 plate, all that will be left will be some scorch marks on the tarmac and a slight orange glow to the 3rd lane lol with a new car smell magic tree floating gently to the ground :D

cogdoc

Arrgh, I wondered about this plating system you guys use, thought "58" meant 05/2008 build. Mine is 07/2007 build.

I do appreciate you guys not taking the pi$$ out of it though, cheers!

Just me jumping to conclusions, carry on....

Basically I'm in the firing line!

Last edited by a moderator:

briggsy1987

Mar 24, 2009
just thought I'd post in here. I've just got my car back on the road, paid for 100% by SEAT but i was left without a car for exactly 4 weeks. been a nightmare journey! I have only had the car for 2-3 weeks before it broke, 56 plate 170pd leon FR. I have part dealer service history and part private garage, but I had receipts for the parts used on servicing to prove they were genuine VAG group parts used. I spoke to SEAT UK before taking the car into the local dealer, then gave them my book and they sorted the rest.
I'd be happy about having it working if they hadn't found a fault with the ABS controller that they say will cost £1300! They have also induced a vibration problem into it, but I can't be doing with the hassle of taking it back so I'll fix it myself (done a search on here) and just moan about it instead.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members