Little t**ts broke in to my lcr!

rickmyster

May 9, 2005
Friday night went to the pub. parked my in the car park, went into the pub did what you do came aout at 11.30 , get's in my car start's it up sitting there thinking wheres my roadsnagel bracket gone off the windscreen??? so i phoned my mate who i had picked up thinkin he had hid it he said no. so i searched the car relised that my roadangel had been moved from under my seat where i had hidden it. then looked at the dash and also the power wire had gone . i stopped the car , felt the door lock relised it had been done.[:@]

i know it sounds ironic but it was a canny neatjob must of had experince and knew what they were going as i think it had been some charva smack head they would of just blagged the window . They took nothing else left all my cd's and my oakleys that were in my door pocket.

Wasn't impressed i can tell you! it was the first time in 6 weeks i had taken it out.

when i was "temparaliry repairing it yesterday i was suprised how easy it was i was opening and locking doors , putting windowws up and down and disabling the alarm all with a flat screwdriver![:@]

i hope i find the people responsible![:@]

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Sorry to here that fella. Either get a blanking plate over the lock or disable the comfort feature with some insulation tape. Has been done to a few people on here

flashbsd

look in your manual how it operates and in the guides section.

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
rickmyster said:
Friday night went to the pub. parked my in the car park, went into the pub did what you do came aout at 11.30 , get's in my car start's it up sitting there thinking wheres my roadsnagel bracket gone off the windscreen??? so i phoned my mate who i had picked up thinkin he had hid it he said no. so i searched the car relised that my roadangel had been moved from under my seat where i had hidden it. then looked at the dash and also the power wire had gone . i stopped the car , felt the door lock relised it had been done.[:@]

i know it sounds ironic but it was a canny neatjob must of had experince and knew what they were going as i think it had been some charva smack head they would of just blagged the window . They took nothing else left all my cd's and my oakleys that were in my door pocket.

Wasn't impressed i can tell you! it was the first time in 6 weeks i had taken it out.

when i was "temparaliry repairing it yesterday i was suprised how easy it was i was opening and locking doors , putting windowws up and down and disabling the alarm all with a flat screwdriver![:@]

i hope i find the people responsible![:@]

Sorry to hear that bud :(

Simple mistake people make leaving there Sat Nav Cradles or other devices on show, which makes them think that there's a good chance it is in the glovebox or under the seat.

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
Sorry to here that mate, But surely if you open the door with a key (or screwdriver), don't you have to put the key in the ignition to stop the alarm going off or am I missing something:shrug:

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
Ju. said:
Sorry to here that mate, But surely if you open the door with a key (or screwdriver), don't you have to put the key in the ignition to stop the alarm going off or am I missing something

Who takes notice now days of car alarms and even house alarms :shrug:

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
Ju. said:
Yeh, I know. It's just he said he could disable the alarm with the screwdriver

I'm not 100% certain but someone told me that there was a problem with the alarm on earlier models, concerning this certain type of brake in :think:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Get the blanking plate for the drivers door lock (available at Seat dealers do a search), Pabs site has a fitting guide IIRC. Just means you loose the ability to open the drivers door with the key.

Worst case scenario is climbing in through the hatchback but if it stops you car being broken into it's worth considering.....

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
Ju. said:
Yeh, I know. It's just he said he could disable the alarm with the screwdriver

alarm is disabled because when you use the comfort feature to wind down the windows it also unlocks the car, immobilser will still be on though

best off just getting the blanking plate, you could deactivate the comfort feature with the metal disc or tape but this won't be obvious to a thief and they'll end up wrecking your car anyway trying to get in

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
The alarm will also still be activated. This was set in place around a model year change.

To test if your car still has the alarm enabled unlock with the key in the lock, if the led on the door keeps flashing then your alarm is still enabled and you need to start the engine asap to disable it. Older models don't have this behaviour