Losing traction when starting quickly from a stop - leon e-hybrid in electric mode

Gmn

Sep 24, 2023
When driving in electric mode and try to start faster (think getting into a main road faster in city driving) I can't seem to find the soft spot for pushing the pedal gentle enough and I'm almost always losing grip and there's a lot of weelspin going on.
That's not only annoying but also a bit dangerous since instead of entering the road I'm only making dust.

I'm guessing it has something to do with too much torque offered instantly by the electric motor.
I'm talking dry roads, spring temperatures (15 C) and winter tyres.

Is there a way around this? Driving in normal mode, not sport. Is there a setting or a special strategy? Am I the only one?

Steeldevil

Jan 13, 2019
When driving in electric mode and try to start faster (think getting into a main road faster in city driving) I can't seem to find the soft spot for pushing the pedal gentle enough and I'm almost always losing grip and there's a lot of weelspin going on.
That's not only annoying but also a bit dangerous since instead of entering the road I'm only making dust.

I'm guessing it has something to do with too much torque offered instantly by the electric motor.
I'm talking dry roads, spring temperatures (15 C) and winter tyres.

Is there a way around this? Driving in normal mode, not sport. Is there a setting or a special strategy? Am I the only one?
I think you answered your own question winter tyres, I'd swap for a good all season tyre. We have zero traction issues with ours even using full throttle.

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Pretty much the same for me with winter tyres and 2 different summer tyres (on 17" and 18" rims). I just push it as soft as possible

Mar 17, 2024
I get the same on the summer tyres occasionally, not found a solution yet.
There is no solution to this except for setting the motor to Eco and being gentle with the throttle - the electric motor has 85kW/330Nm from 0 revs, that is way more any tyres can handle on FWD car.