Lumpy running

wicksy72

Hi,
Hope someone can help me on here. I have a 2000 Leon Cupra and it has started to run really rough, but not all the time. On a drive tonight it seemed like it kept wanting to stall and stuttering whilst driving along. When this happens the temp gauge reads normal but after a while the gauge drop to zero and it starts to run fine again? I also have the dash lights and headlights flickering? I know there are problems relating to the coil packs and was wondering if it could be these that are causing it to run badly? One last thing!!!! my engine management light is on and I know the code is MAF cylinder bank 1 too rich, will cleaning the MAF valve cure this or is all the above related in some way??? Sorry it's such a long post, hope someone can help.
Thanks very much

p.s do you have to change all the coil packs? how do you know which one is faulty?

wicksy72

Thanks for the help....not

My only post as a newbie and thought I would get some help, oh well.......

sie77

May 12, 2009
The best thing to do is get it on VAGCOM and check for error codes, this will also tell you which coil pack is faulty if any. I'm sure I read that cleaning the MAF will make no difference it will need replacing if faulty.

That’s about all I can help with I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will be by shortly :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.