Mechanic telling me lies about temp warning beeps ?What do u think...

Tartanbeef

Jan 31, 2007
When i start my car my engine temp warning beeps and flashes until the car has heat up,the mechanic says its supposed to do that so that i know when i can start giving it the beans?

I had a problem with the car overheating,i changed the fuse for the fans and it only beeps up until the temp is at 90 degrees then stops?

Last edited by a moderator:

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
lmao its not supposed to do that no, what mechanics that!?!? i wanna laugh at him....however its more than likely just the sensor in the coolant bottle, you can buy a new one for a tenner I think it is

Tartanbeef

Jan 31, 2007
a mechanic in Odiham,he hasnt got a scooby!!he's also trying to sting me £170 to fit a new fuse box that sits on top of the battery

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Hi the bits i got to sort this are:

1: 13E FUSE HOLDER part number E1J0937617C @ £34.82+VAT

And

2:Complet header tank part number E1J0121403B @ £8.68+VAT

Both very easy to fit, hope that helps:)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
What a :w4nk:, As said above try topping the coolent up first if that doesnt work a new header tank should do the trick.

Just go`s to show there are some right cowboys/rip off merchants out there.

SCN to the rescue again :seatgod:

Last edited:

Tartanbeef

Jan 31, 2007
The Barn Workshop round the back of the Raf camp at Odiham.I was told he give's us Raf lads a decent deal on the cars,but obviously not!!

Im not mechanically minded in the slightest but common sense tells me that he's trying to sting me

Hes trying to say that £170 includes the time he spent looking for the over heating problem which he obviously cant find and he is trying to fob me off by saying that all the cupra's do that until there warm.All he done was let my car tick over for 2 hours trying to get it to overheat which was burning my petrol away aswell!!

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
More than likly your fuse has melted and thats whats causing your over heating. Theres a chance you might not need a new fuse boxand get away with just removing the melted fuse and fitting a new one, but theres a good chance you will need a whole new unit.

Go to him and say to him what we have told you and see what his reaction is.

And charge him for expanding his knowledge. :D

May 2, 2006
More than likly your fuse has melted and thats whats causing your over heating. Theres a chance you might not need a new fuse boxand get away with just removing the melted fuse and fitting a new one, but theres a good chance you will need a whole new unit.

Go to him and say to him what we have told you and see what his reaction is.

And charge him for expanding his knowledge. :D

haha, agreed ! :cartman:

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
When people say they have scraped the prongs inside the header tank did you all see visible crap on them before?

Mine tends to beep at me after a cold night (say <7-8 deg) but my probes look clean. Admitedly I haven't tried topping up yet but there's plenty in there already.

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
the prongs in mine looked fine..I was quite suprised it stopped it beeping tbh, but it's never done it sinse and it used to do it 95% of the time before.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.