Mickyp1989 07 seat ibiza FR

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
Here are the list of mods as it stands

Revo stage1 remap
Darkside EGR delete
K+N air filter
KW variant 1 coilovers (40mm lower rear 35mm lower front)
Whiteline RARB
Brembo 312mm front drilled and grooved discs with mintex pads
PD160 intake
Audi tt calipers
15mm rear spacers
Polo rear wiper
debadged boot
C2 stubby aeriel
Bosch aero twin wiper blades (brilliant btw)
carbon dipped grille surround
audi tt pedals
cupra style handbrake cover
cupra air vent clips
cupra mirror caps
Goodyear eagle F1 215/40/17 on front
Powerflex black series front and rear wishbone bushes
Powerflex red lower engine mount bush
LED numberplate lights
LED interior lights
wrapped front bumper
Carbon dipped centre console and handbrake tray
carbon b pillars
LCR splitter
Red painted calipers
refurbed wheels
Fly eyes rear lights
pressed plates
Osram diadem chome indicator bulbs

heres some pics as it currently stands

Future mods

HID 6000k
Cupra rear spoiler
Colour coded bump strips
forge intercooler

Last edited:

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
Looking good my man! Sits nicely with the spacers and all.

Cheers, will look very nice when iv finished. think the 15mm spacers are spot on and dont present any scrubbing issues under load which i was worried about. With the wider tyres at the front i think the width on the front and back will be similar. Really like the way it handles now

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
finally taken the plunge and ordered a PD160 air intake from sere. £98 for a bit of pipe =O !!!!!

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
2a9use6u.jpg
. Finally got around to getting a pd160 intake!!! Might be a placebo affect but feels better on acceleration and a definite increase in mpg :)

.Si.

Feb 14, 2012
sunny essex
i couldnt justify spending nearly hundred quid on a piece of plastic..so i opted for a cone filter

then i used the old intake off my inlet to airbox and thats 80mm iternal diameter..

im sure the old intake pipe could be shaped to go to an airbox

001_zps040156a5.jpg

Last edited:

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
i couldnt justify spending nearly hundred quid on a piece of plastic..so i opted for a cone filter

then i used the old intake off my inlet to airbox and thats 80mm iternal diameter..

im sure the old intake pipe could be shaped to go to an airbox

001_zps040156a5.jpg

Good idea that!!! I wanted to stick to original parts, was a late night work purchase lol. Your effort looks spot on tbf!!! Iv just done 500 miles with the new intake and it definitely feels a bit more powerful and a increase of 10% mpg :)

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
Wow, its amazing how much theyve bumped the price up over the years h

Noticeable difference in your opinion?

Yeh it's crazy the amount the are for a bit of pipe but I wanted all original parts. Iv just done about 600 miles on it and I think the throttle response is better and the mpg increased around 10% over the exact same journey :)

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
4ura2y6e.jpg
evymu8as.jpg
just a few pics of my new cupra handbrake and gaitor and a close up pic of the brembo 312mm with Audi tt 225 calipers. Tried some vinyl wrap on front edge today. Nightmare!!!!

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
Just ordered some powerflex black series front and rear wishbone bushes as mine are knackered. Get some pics up next week

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
No and I really wanna get it done. Might just pay someone to do it. Iv got some 3m stuff for it. How you take off the front grill?

Found some pics from when I took off my carbon...

It clips in you can see the clips all along the bottom here, there's similar ones long the top:
80img2011102200005.jpg

Closer view of one of the clips. This bit needs to be pushed down slightly and the clip bit that's on the grill lifted up.
34img2011102200007.jpg

It is a bit of a pain, but this way you can get the vinyl right under the grill and don't have to worry about lining up with the edge so much.

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
Found some pics from when I took off my carbon...

It clips in you can see the clips all along the bottom here, there's similar ones long the top:
80img2011102200005.jpg

Closer view of one of the clips. This bit needs to be pushed down slightly and the clip bit that's on the grill lifted up.
34img2011102200007.jpg

It is a bit of a pain, but this way you can get the vinyl right under the grill and don't have to worry about lining up with the edge so much.

Cheers for that. I tried it this afternoon and only succeeded in cracking the grill in two places. Think ill pay to get it done by someone who knows what they're doing lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.