Mirror dip reverse

camboblanco

Aug 7, 2023
Hi all! My wife has a 2019 FR Sport DSG. I have used an OBD11 To code in the mirror dip when in reverse and have followed the programming instructions I found on here, but it is not working. I'm curious to know if anyone with the same spec has this ability, as I'm thinking the mirrors don't have this ability. The mirrors have the auto fold when locking so seems odd to power the mirrors but not the glass sections. Any help is appreciated :)

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
There’s also another recent discussion thread on this subject - link below;

Forum member @Axel132b also has an Ibiza FR (not UK spec as they’re location is France) and the mirror dip / tilt in reverse doesn’t work on their car either, which tends to suggest the functionality wasn’t built into the car.

Reactions: camboblanco

camboblanco

Aug 7, 2023
There’s also another recent discussion thread on this subject - link below;

Forum member @Axel132b also has an Ibiza FR (not UK spec as they’re location is France) and the mirror dip / tilt in reverse doesn’t work on their car either, which tends to suggest the functionality wasn’t built into the car.
Ah thanks! Seems odd not to have it, might need to look at a retrofit in that case. Be interested if anyone else has done this.

Tell

Staff member
It's the candy floss trap of Obdeleven one click apps. The activator positioner needs to be in the motor. There is what I call the "Don test" named after the veritable Australian DV52 / Don coding expert. It came up on Australian VAG imports where some cars had the advanced positioner in on L and R, others only on L, R, none at all etc. He published a test subsequently which tells you how to check.

This is the best one when I first covered it re-publishing Don's check:

Basically if the car is sold without mirror dip in reverse it won't be kitted out with the correct positioning motor. That motor allows small adjustments to be made to get it bang back to where it came from. Whilst you can implement the code for mirror dip with the incorrect motor, it will work first time but drifted with use. You then have to recalibrate the mirrors and start off again. Repeat as required 😉.

Reactions: camboblanco
Oct 25, 2023
Afternoon all,

Can anyone help me with the reverse mirror dip function on my ‘64-Reg Leon FR please?

The system is letting me set the passenger's side mirror for reverse parking easily enough, as stated in the instructions. It also returns back to the normal, forward driving position when the car is taken out of reverse gear and the switch/knob is moved from the ‘L’ position back to the 'O'/six o'clock position.

However, I can't seem to do any of the above for the driver's side mirror. Yes, the mirror will adjust for me in general (whether I'm driving forwards or reversing). But it won't do the auto-adjust for reverse parking and when I switch the knob to 'R'.

Could it be possible there's a fault somewhere, or am I doing something wrong?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Francis

Tell

Staff member
Reckon it's only adjustable where fitted for the passenger side. It's for kerb parking facing the right way. I say this since Australia there was a shambles about motors fitted into the mirrors. The unusual one was on both sides... pure accident than anything else. The enabling code if coded goes into the passenger side and as I've said before they need a special positioner motor in the mirror. Factory fitted comes with that. The hacked coded ones may not have the motor in it to give the feedback to always 100% get back to the correct starting position.

Reactions: FRangry07

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Afternoon all,

Can anyone help me with the reverse mirror dip function on my ‘64-Reg Leon FR please?

The system is letting me set the passenger's side mirror for reverse parking easily enough, as stated in the instructions. It also returns back to the normal, forward driving position when the car is taken out of reverse gear and the switch/knob is moved from the ‘L’ position back to the 'O'/six o'clock position.

However, I can't seem to do any of the above for the driver's side mirror. Yes, the mirror will adjust for me in general (whether I'm driving forwards or reversing). But it won't do the auto-adjust for reverse parking and when I switch the knob to 'R'.

Could it be possible there's a fault somewhere, or am I doing something wrong?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Francis

Assuming Seat’s ‘mirror dip in reverse’ functionality is the same as VW’s (I dare say it is), then it is just the nearside / kerbside mirror that tilts towards the kerb when reverse is selected. I’m assuming it works that way as in the UK it’s normal to park with the nearside / passenger side of the car closest to the kerb so you wouldn’t need the driver’s side / offside mirror to tilt down when reversing.

You‘ve said you move the mirror adjustment switch back to ‘O’ after reversing - it’s not necessary to do that; I leave mine set to ‘L’ all the time.

@Tell; you beat me to it! 👍🙂

Reactions: Tell
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.