Mk1 Leon build *Skoda VRS Blue* staggered mono's

ohara

mk1 leon
Sep 10, 2012
N.I
I read on here somewhere that they were different, it's noticeable now that its been pointed out (just about). Other than that I would have never noticed...

Thanks for clearing that up M20FES

ohara

mk1 leon
Sep 10, 2012
N.I
Raised up, slightly. And standard plates on. Police are clamping down around here :(

null_zps4b600892.jpg

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Now it's lowered and wheels are on I have to say I think the black rub strips work well. Like you say they break it up a bit and as it doesn't have the sport kit on it makes it that little bit more special. Look forward to seeing how this develops!

ohara

mk1 leon
Sep 10, 2012
N.I
Now it's lowered and wheels are on I have to say I think the black rub strips work well. Like you say they break it up a bit and as it doesn't have the sport kit on it makes it that little bit more special. Look forward to seeing how this develops!

The bumpers are growing on me, but I'd love a R kit. Side skirts are my next buy.

JackN91

Dec 23, 2012
Brighton
My mates golf is lowered 60mm and the sills are f****d with the borbets vs speedbumps. They do come in 17" but I've never seen a 5x100 staggered set, my friend is selling his?

My car won't be that low so I might get away with it, was going to be 30mm lower and then with the borbets it would be 42.7mm lower overall. I spoke to a guy who deals in German alloys and he said that he can get hold of 17 with the 5x100 so I'm going to see what comes of that might be a load of s**t. How much is he looking for?

ohara

mk1 leon
Sep 10, 2012
N.I
My car won't be that low so I might get away with it, was going to be 30mm lower and then with the borbets it would be 42.7mm lower overall. I spoke to a guy who deals in German alloys and he said that he can get hold of 17 with the 5x100 so I'm going to see what comes of that might be a load of s**t. How much is he looking for?

Depends on what tyres you run, his had 205/45's with quite a bit of stretch. He sold his today for £350, IMO..very cheap.

ohara

mk1 leon
Sep 10, 2012
N.I
Not much of an update but il try and keep this thread alive. This is how the car is sitting at the minuite,

null_zps84560fe1.jpg

Comfier for taking the dog to the park lol

null_zpsc98875ec.jpg

Got the boost problem sorted. I checked boost pipes, couldn't find any problems. Replaced the MAF for a brand new one. New coolant temp sensor. Two new N75's. a new EGR solinoid thingy. Cleaned the EGR % Turbo out...And still now power?!?! Then I found a boost pipe on the wrong way. I was annoyed, but I'm happy now as the car is going better than ever (touch wood). Cleaned up the bay, slightly. I'm now motivated to paint it, any suggestions for the bay/slam panel

(Excuse the engine cover, it's going smoothed all black)
null_zpsc7ab3ee4.jpg

I have these up for a swap, been offered loads of wheels, but nothing that's made me think about swaping yet.

null_zps61b3d04b.jpg

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
What are you gonna do wheel wise now? Shame to see them go mate, they look spot on on your car!

I wouldn't even dream of offending you by offering my scuffed up LM wannabes :p

ohara

mk1 leon
Sep 10, 2012
N.I
I wouldn't take those wheels off your car because personally they suit it to a T.. Been offered BBS CH's along with black nuts and cash today, 18x8's all round. There black with a polished lip.. Think I might be making a deal :D they will be going silver of course.

Last edited:

ohara

mk1 leon
Sep 10, 2012
N.I
Some better photos, no updates :(

Cant/couldnt be bothered to lower it as its MOT is up on August, no point slamming it tbh until after MOT.. Been looking a genuine seat roof rack and ive been outbid on a few on ebay and missed a couple. Anyone got one PLEASEEE sell me it!

As for wheels, held off on swapping because APPARENTLY a man s for buying them.. so im thinking deeper dishes :whistle:

(excuse the mot plates and badly placed screws lol)

8_zps4972e984.jpeg

1_zps83130ea8.jpeg

7_zps6def5408.jpeg

9_zps13c46b65.jpeg

6_zps28249668.jpeg

5_zpsf869d711.jpeg

4_zps60288b16.jpeg

2_zps7b96cb08.jpeg

And a photoshop of a roof box similar to what im going for, my skills at photoshop aren't what they used to be so i didn't bother attempting to try and make it the same colour as the car.

3_zpsd1c81f69.jpeg

ALSO, can anyone shed any light on this. Apparently 2004+ VW Caddy vans/maxi vans roof racks (VW LOGO BARS) fit mk1/mk2 leons? they look exactly like the genuine seat one with no difference at all.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise