MK4 Ibiza Cupra....The Story So Far

Jam_Cupra

Jul 29, 2007
Hi all, i'm Jamie from the Rhondda in South Wales

I've owned the cupra for a couple of months now so i thought it was about time id upload some pics of it.

I bought it for £7850 on a 54 plate with 18,000 on the clock from a boy in Preston.

After driving a 1.2 Corsa C for over 3 years and modifying it from standard, there wasn't much left i wanted to do so thought it was time i moved on. Although i loved the look it was far too slow and thats when I started looking for a new car and ended up with the Ibiza

my old car....

Picture008.jpg

Picture016.jpg

DSCF0123copy.jpg

Picture003.jpg

I've done a few things to it, the main mod being the FK coilovers i had fitted on saturday.

Mods so far....

ULTRA headlight bulbs
Private plate
Kenwood Screen & DVD player
Wheels have been resprayed in a different shade but have been marked so will eventually get them all refurbed
Lowered on FK Silverline Coilovers

Next Up is a leon cupra r splitter

Future plans:

Euro plates
strut braces
dynatwist induction kit
Miltek exhaust
tart engine bay up a bit

heres the pics as it is at the moment....

when i first picked it up

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Jam_Cupra

Jul 29, 2007
Then one weekend I t-cut the callipers to bring the colour back and fitted my private plate and Ultra bulbs

before....

Picture001.jpg

Picture015.jpg

after....

Picture004.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture008.jpg

bulbs

Picture030.jpg

plate

Picture026.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Jam_Cupra

Jul 29, 2007
and finally my latest mod, coilovers which are set all the way down on the rear with the adjusters and about 3 quarters of the way down on the front...

before

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

after (excuse the dirt)

Picture009.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

and thats how it stands at the moment.

I'm picking up the splitter tomorrow so should have another update soon.

comments welcome!

Jam_Cupra

Jul 29, 2007
yeh may do, see how it goes. the roads are rubbish around my area so i'm not sure yet, see if it settles a bit more and how i manage with the splitter on and that. i'd just had it up on a jack when those photos were taken so it looks a little lower now than it does in the pics.

Jam_Cupra

Jul 29, 2007
thanks mate, im not sure, it came with the car as well as the original cd player. it plays mp3 cds but unsure on dvds, i will check, i expect it does tho.

for some reason tho when you turn the ignition on and it powers up automatically theres no sound but if you switch it off on the power button and back on it works again, its probably a fault with my unit.

Deleted member 13581

Give it a couple of weeks and you will see it lower than that again. ;)

Needs to get some rear spacers on it. 20mm Hubcentric 1's and they fill the arch nice.

Jam_Cupra

Jul 29, 2007
20mm spacers on the back yeh? i read that somehwhere on here, i could prob knock some up in work. would u need longer bolts? do you put spacers on the front wheels too?

had the splitter today too so will get that on as soon as the weather clears up

thanks all for the comments

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Looking good mate....BTW your original Cupra registration plate is like one letter out from mine. That just totally spun me out lol I thought my car had changed colour

Last edited:

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Any updates Jam? I have the LCR Splitter on mine - just needs lowering now, glad I had a look in this thread! - Just made me realise how high they sit standard. Would like to see how it looks with the Splitter on and Lowered. - Oh and get some gel on those tires! makes them look 1000 times better. lol! - Great work though. :coolthumb:

Jam_Cupra

Jul 29, 2007
yep couple of updated pics, suspension seems to have dropped a bit more now....

mods so far:

lowered on fk silverline coilovers
lcr splitter
forge split-r valve
seat sport strut brace
6k HID kit
Euro plates

also have a set of 20mm hubcentric spacers on order to pack the rear wheels out a bit to give it a wider stance, should have them in the week sometime

yeh i usually use gel each time i wash it but was dirty in those pics.

Picture010.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Last edited: