mk4 ibiza cupra with yellow fog lights

Apr 13, 2011
hull
very small up date finally fitted my led side lights i have had these bulbs about a year :lol:

they where a write pain to fit took off loads of bark from my hands.

photo-21-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Matt_CupraTDI

with regards to your cone filter - that do you do with the thin hose that is connected to the factory airbox?

Apr 13, 2011
hull
with regards to your cone filter - that do you do with the thin hose that is connected to the factory airbox?

I put it into the base of my cone filter I drilled a 3 mm hole in the rubber base and put a washer hose pipe connector into the filter then put the pipe back into the filter.

All that pipe does is take filters air into the vacume pump valve a lot of people jut remove the pipe at the valve but I wanted it to stay filterd

Crumpyz

Jul 5, 2012
Basingstoke
Looking really good mate! Wish I had gone for a yellow cupra now :p I've just got a black one so thinking of stealthing it. Just looking at the plastics in your bumper they look a lot blacker than mine. Mine have got like a shiny sort of grey to them, have you painted them?

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Looking really good mate! Wish I had gone for a yellow cupra now :p I've just got a black one so thinking of stealthing it. Just looking at the plastics in your bumper they look a lot blacker than mine. Mine have got like a shiny sort of grey to them, have you painted them?

No mine are the gray color also I wish they were gloss black through

28Ace82

Oct 5, 2009
RAF Marham, Norfolk
Hi Mk4 Cupra,

I was wanting to send you a personal message but realised I am still am newbie member so need a few more posts before I can do that!

I posted a reply to what you said on my original thread about my problem. If you see this, can you get back to me please.

Your car looks great by the way, I used to have a yellow PD130, yours is much nicer tho!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
ok well while i had a little bit of time on my hands at work i decided to make make a custom alloy dip stick and fit a black washer bottle cap using volvo truck parts........

so hears pics of how i did it.

my old washer bottle cap next to what i want fitting
photo-49.jpg
[/IMG]

so to make it fit i cut off all the serounds of my standerd cap and glued it into the volvo screenwash cap
photo-70.jpg
[/IMG]

then fitted i think it looks alot cleaner now and matches my r8 oil cap more than the blue did
photo-63.jpg
[/IMG]

ok so dip stick time i got my slef an old truck dip stick and decided ill make it fit mine
photo-64.jpg
[/IMG]

then choped off the oil part and started sanding it down to bring up a shine
photo-69.jpg
[/IMG]

i had to think of a good way to make it fit my standerd one but keep it oem looking so had a good idea chop it flush drill into the handel and alloy weld in a screw so far its going to plan:)
photo-65.jpg
[/IMG]

then choped the head off my dip stick
photo-68.jpg
[/IMG]

now drilled into my standerd one a screwed my new alloy head onto stick i had to drill off center due to how they have made it at seat but it still looks central
photo-67.jpg
[/IMG]

polished it abit more and fitted job well done just need to remove the dip stick tube now and paint it matt black to give its full affect
photo-66.jpg
[/IMG]

what do u all think

76mm 45 degree ash silcon hose but To be honest with u it was a pain in the arse to fit you would a lot better off with 76mm straight pipe or 76mm 20degree pipe would be best

I had to cut it down a few time then struggled to find some where to mount the filter so it wasn't rattleing around and it's a lot closer to the engine than I would of liked it to be.

It is a perfect fit now due to i used the battery box gearbox mount as a mounting serport and mount for the cone filter which also hides how iv mounted it due to the filter is pointing downward. And I used my original intake pipe from the maf to tip to make a new cold air feed instead of using my pd160 due to its a lot bigger plus still looks very oem

So if I am to do this do I need a 76mm 45degree pipe? and this all fits on the maf housing fine?
Do I need an adaptor for the air filter to attach to the maf sensor housing?
I will buy the stuff no if its as easy as you made it look :p

Cheers!

Sam

Apr 13, 2011
hull
76mm 45 degree bend silicon hose 150mm Long on each lag and u will meds to cut it down slightly then remove air filter box the hose will fit straight onto maff tight squeeze to behoest but that's better
Then get a Jetex 80mm cone filter jobs done then u need to find some where to secure it
I drilled the end of mine and mounted it to the top gearbox mount due
To its quite a distance from the warm engine and u don't see the bracket that mounts it lol

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Just been out and fitted a few 4mm silicon vac hoses to my vac box 3 left todo now but will do them when at work due to one goes to turbo so I need to be under side also

What do u all think of engine bay so far cheers for comments
photo-50.jpg
[/IMG]

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.