more pics of my projector lamps... (56kb warning!)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Cheers for teh photos, it was more rain i was worrying about as you could be extra carful when adding washer etc. I take it these are waterproof by the way? I was also under the impression that HID's last almost the lifetime of the car?

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Yup... all the connections and the boxes themselfs seem to be wayer proof...

And I was lead to beleive the same, that they last the lifetime, if not longer than the car.

All I was saying before was that I think the HID's are SO good, that I would have had my monies worth out of them within a year. Anything more would be a bonus, so if they last "forever" then they are WELL worth it!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
did it yesterday! :)

wat a night mare!

had to remove the bumper to take the headlamps off AGAIN as the bulbs would not fit in the projectors! :(

so just like rob don i had to completely take the head lamps apart, drill the holes bigger and refit the head lamps and use more silicon sealant to seal it.

a LOT of hassel!

and as a result (cos i rushed it! :() the lights arnt as water tight as before... im getting slightly more condensation in them now :( (yes i sealed them well!... well i thought so!)

the results....

WOW!

wat a difference! :)

if these were fitted to the OE headlamps they would make such a huge improvement!

im also tempted to do that!

but i love the look of the projector lamps!

they look super cool 2! :D soooo much brighter than before :)

il make a new thread 2mo night with pics of it!

james :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
i would do a review of them 2nite but i feel so tired and GUTTED!

had my car keyed at the stealers today (Parkstone, Leigh on sea!) and they are not accepting responsability for it! :-o [:@] :censored:

so as a result i will be taking them to the small claims court!

james :(

Last edited:

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
J@mes said:

had my car keyed at the stealers today (Parkstone, Leigh on sea!) and they are not accepting responsability for it! :-o [:@] :censored:

Was it in their care? Were they working on it? Or had you just parked it there?

What are the details dude?

Sorry :(

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
slimjim said:
Was it in their care? Were they working on it? Or had you just parked it there?

What are the details dude?

Sorry :(

they asked for the car to be dropped off at about 9ish am.
dropped it off at about 10am and they didnt start work on it until over 4 hours later!

the car was parked literally right outside their place (THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMER PARKING WATSOEVER!) and they left a msg on my phone at 2.20 saying they had noticed a scratch on the door!

as far as i am concerned, by taking the keys they became the legal custodian of the car, hence its their responsibility if anything happens to it!

i never signed anything and also i thought it was common practice for dealers to mark down on a diagram any marks on a car and get the owner to sign it so "issues" like this cannot happen!

they are not willing to cooperate and as a result i will be taking them to the small claims court!

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
J@mes said:

It's abit difficult to prove this :think:

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
did you get the hid fitment for your existing lights incase you want to change them back to standard? is this why you had to drill the light.

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
J@mes said:
they asked for the car to be dropped off at about 9ish am.
dropped it off at about 10am and they didnt start work on it until over 4 hours later!

the car was parked literally right outside their place (THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMER PARKING WATSOEVER!) and they left a msg on my phone at 2.20 saying they had noticed a scratch on the door!

as far as i am concerned, by taking the keys they became the legal custodian of the car, hence its their responsibility if anything happens to it!

i never signed anything and also i thought it was common practice for dealers to mark down on a diagram any marks on a car and get the owner to sign it so "issues" like this cannot happen!

they are not willing to cooperate and as a result i will be taking them to the small claims court!

Shite mate...

If they had your keys, you are right, they were in legal custody of it ... so I would say it is their responsability. :w4nk:ers

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
couple of pics...

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
slimjim said:
Can't see the piccys at work :( Will have a look tonight ;)

Any news from the stealers on your scratches?

pm sent ;)

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
kawasaki-ninja said:
looks like a beam from the starship enterprise.
beeam me up scotty!!!!!!!!!

id say they are as bright if not brighter than the beam! ;)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
WOW... blast from the past! lol (thread from over 5 and half years ago!)

manual adjustment mate