Lens for passenger side headlight

Dec 18, 2023
Basingstoke
Hi all I’m new here so not even sure if I’m in the right place 🙏, ok here goes I own a Leon se technologies 1.6 TDI ! I smashed the Len’s ? on near side front ? the lights are automatic levelling ? all the Xeon bulbs are ok 👍 & also the tube light is ok 👍? Only damage was the plastic Len’s ? Nothing more, can I replace the Len’s only ? as I have looked up the prices for the whole lamp 😳, cheapest price I have found is over £ 800.00 ? witch is just mental just for a broken plastic Len’s 🙏, please can someone save my bacon 🥓 here ? I’m obviously desperate? Thank you in advance Dan 🙏

Dec 18, 2023
Basingstoke
Nice one mate you have taken a bit of stress out of my life £ 800 daylight robbery at least **** terpin wore a mask 😷 again thank you 🙏 n

Dec 18, 2023
Basingstoke
1702975679042.jpeg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Does it really 🤔 my car is on a 64 plate witch is 2015 ? I thought they didn’t do the upgrade until 2017 ? Deano
Link to the 2015 Leon brochure (print date Feb 2015) below - check out the ‘equipment availability Leon family‘ section towards the back of the brochure. Xenons weren’t available on the mk3 Leon either as standard or as an option.

Standard headlamps on the 2015 mk3 Leon were either halogen (S, SE, FR and X-perience SE models) or LED units (Cupra, Cupra 280 and X-perience Technology models). LED headlamps were an extra cost option on the SE, FR and X-perience models.

I’m not sure exactly when, but early on in the mk3 Leon’s lifecycle, Seat offered an optional Technology Pack that (I think) consisted of LED headlamps, sat nav and DAB radio for around £500 which at the time was very good value and popular with customers, which probably explains why most mk3 Leon’s seem to have LED headlamps.

Reactions: DEAN0

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Does it really 🤔 my car is on a 64 plate witch is 2015 ? I thought they didn’t do the upgrade until 2017 ? Deano
As SRGTD has said - the headlights will be Halogen OR led
If your car has Satnav & DAB radio - then it probably had the tech pack fitted from the factory.

The 2017 date was the facelift car - not the date the Leon got led headlights.
The facelift car changed the style of the led headlights - they became full led rather than having a standard indicator bulb

My old 2014 FR 184 had the tech pack fitted and that had led headlights.

Reactions: SRGTD

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
The car is an SE Technology so it has the tech pack so it has the LED lights.

Reactions: SRGTD

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi deano sorry to trouble you again if these are led ? How much off a difference do you think 🤔 they will be in price ?
Looking quickly on ebay you are around £400 for a 2013-2016 led headlamp

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Hi Mr Pig so I take mine are LED? would you have any idea what they might cost 2nd hand or reconditioned thank you.
Just whatever you can find them for but they are not cheap. I would try local breakers, eBay, anywhere you can think of. Remember that they changed in 2017 so you want a 2013-2016 unit.

Reactions: Walone
Dec 18, 2023
Basingstoke
Link to the 2015 Leon brochure (print date Feb 2015) below - check out the ‘equipment availability Leon family‘ section towards the back of the brochure. Xenons weren’t available on the mk3 Leon either as standard or as an option.

Standard headlamps on the 2015 mk3 Leon were either halogen (S, SE, FR and X-perience SE models) or LED units (Cupra, Cupra 280 and X-perience Technology models). LED headlamps were an extra cost option on the SE, FR and X-perience models.

I’m not sure exactly when, but early on in the mk3 Leon’s lifecycle, Seat offered an optional Technology Pack that (I think) consisted of LED headlamps, sat nav and DAB radio for around £500 which at the time was very good value and popular with customers, which probably explains why most mk3 Leon’s seem to have LED headlamps.
£500 really ? Now they want £ 800 just for a broken Len’s 😤

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
£500 really ? Now they want £ 800 just for a broken Len’s 😤
Yes; the cost of ‘bundled’ option packs such as the Leon’s technology pack are usually significantly cheaper than it would be to buy the individual items separately.

Back in 2013 when Seat were offering the technology pack on the mk3 Leon for a special offer price of £500, the normal price of the tech pack was £1,075. If the individual items in the pack were bought separately, the total cost would’ve been £1,915. The price of the LED headlamps at that time was £995.

Reactions: Mr Pig
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise