Mud flaps

courty

Oct 26, 2021
Hi
Will the Seat Leon Mk4 mud flaps fit the Cupra?

Seen a horror pic on Facebook of someone's paint peeling after 9k miles on the underside of the rear bumper, so want to get a set to protect from stone splatter!

Thanks

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
Don't know if they fit tbh but I saw the pictures you mean and it's a bit worrying that happened after 9k miles, reading his post Seat / Cupra seem to dragging there feet a bit definitely seems a design fault / issue.

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
I'm going to start another post on this as I want to see how many others are impacted / get people to check there cars. The mup flaps discussion came about as someone with 10k miles on there found paint had been stripped off on the underside of rear bumper, I'm 3k miles now and my drivers side is starting to peel as well. When I was at the dealership as well the After Sales guy checked his approx 10k miles and its the same paint peeling. Currently Cupra not being helpful say wear and tear but how are we supposed to protect the area if they don't sell rear mup flaps, also I wouldn't expect paint to be bubble and pealing on a new car in less than 3k miles.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Not surprised by Cupra’s response to these paint peeling incidents being down to ’wear and tear’. However, the fact that it seems to be more than just an isolated case suggests there may be a problem with the factory painting process - or more correctly the pre-painting prep stage for the plastic bumpers in the factory, resulting in poor adhesion of the paint to the underlying surface.

Owners could consider applying paint protection film in that area. As it’s an area that’s out of sight, a competent DIY-er could probably buy and apply it themselves to save the cost of paying a professional to do it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise