My 08 Candy White Cupra

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
nice power results craig :D
cars coming on nice now but youll fall into wanting more and more and more and ends in countless mods and no money haha
not all about the power though m8,its gotta handle and brake well also ;)

Cheers Simon means a lot, Yes it's hard to keep a level head on things if I could I'd spend thousands on her but will have to draw the line somewhere.

Will get a BCS exhaust sorted and some sportlines with bilstein shocks then see where I want to go with it.

As standard I think the brakes aren't bad but if I intend on going big power then I'll have to take a look at upgrading them.

Looking forward to getting the rear back to normal as I'm rocking a bin liner where the valance goes at the moment lol :redface:

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
Cheers Simon means a lot, Yes it's hard to keep a level head on things if I could I'd spend thousands on her but will have to draw the line somewhere.

Will get a BCS exhaust sorted and some sportlines with bilstein shocks then see where I want to go with it.

As standard I think the brakes aren't bad but if I intend on going big power then I'll have to take a look at upgrading them.

Looking forward to getting the rear back to normal as I'm rocking a bin liner where the valance goes at the moment lol :redface:

nice 1 craig the drop will look awesome and help alot on the bends etc,thats where the extra speed comes from lol,you get to use more power then,then want more lol
brakes wise i went upgraded discs,pads braided hoses and fluid etc helped alot until i went with the RS3 kit,that kit was awesome even on track:)
if i was you maybe hold back until your defo sure in which way your going mod wise and save a few quid instead of doing things twice ;)

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers Simon that is sound advice mate.

Couple of pics from Saturday

image_zpsb2zsisvu.jpg

image_zps42e10971.jpg

Removed my front grill today as I wanted to wrap my S badge but whilst trying to replace the S I ruined it every time so in the end I'd seen my arse lol. So now I'm just going to plasti dip it and will do the rear also.

One thing that I did manage to fit was my engine cover insert.
I'm happy with the way it looks.

image_zps3a0d30a7.jpg

Last edited:

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
All depends if the Mrs's is understanding?! Wouldn't really like to comment any further on that! lol I'm spending a lot of time and money on mine as well and no earache as yet?! ;)

Stealth spends lads, that's the way to go. Wait until you need £1200 for a clutch, I've had to buy a new kitchen to mask my stealth spends.... £11k+!

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
You are aware that if you go cat replacement or if you change fuel pump or intake you'll need a remap is its not adaptive like Revo or APR. Fancy a BCS myself but would really like a powervalve TBE, but need a clutch first. Why do most big mods cost circa £1200. Clutch, BCS, wheels and tyres!
Fecking modding bug, did this over 10 years ago and never thought I'd do it again.

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
;);)Oh nice map Craig, torque is awesome mate, Niki knows his schnizzel mate, no doubt. Bet your chuffed, I know I still am almost 6 months on. Can't wait to get clutch sorted and get some new sticky rubber fitted ready for summer ;)

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
You are aware that if you go cat replacement or if you change fuel pump or intake you'll need a remap is its not adaptive like Revo or APR. Fancy a BCS myself but would really like a powervalve TBE, but need a clutch first. Why do most big mods cost circa £1200. Clutch, BCS, wheels and tyres!
Fecking modding bug, did this over 10 years ago and never thought I'd do it again.

;);)Oh nice map Craig, torque is awesome mate, Niki knows his schnizzel mate, no doubt. Bet your chuffed, I know I still am almost 6 months on. Can't wait to get clutch sorted and get some new sticky rubber fitted ready for summer ;)

Ha ha stealth spends I like it mine is paying for our fecking wedding its bleeding me dry.

Yeah Niki said he'd sort me out if I want a tweak on the map. Thinking of what I'd like to do with mine I could spend a bomb :(

Think I'm going to go cat back for now as I want some more noise :p

Yes I was very impressed with his knowledge on these engines. Things could have gone very bad for me if I went to other tuners as the ECU had a no read file lock on it and mapping could have caused a nightmare ie car won't start.

But Niki had a few tricks up his sleeve to get around that issue. Fair play to him he said if this doesn't work I'll take the ECU out either way I will be able to get a proper map on it for you.Lol he said I dont care if it takes me all day :D

Overall im amazed by how different the car feels with his map compared to the other one. Get yourself some eagle F1's mate they are epic both in wet and dry.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Be intrested to see how it comes out with plastidip. Should be good. I was thinking of doing the same and getting black cupra lettering that some Mk3's come with.

Having looked at a few vids online at the process and outcome I'm confident it will look good.

Whilst I'm doing it I will take some images and post them here for you and others to see mate.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Well had some great news today my mum was able to come home from hospital after Major heart surgery just over a week ago, so after seeing her I thought why not have a bit of a thrill as I've been down in the dumps of late.

So out came my RR

image_zpsggel3fe6.jpg

image_zpsf5gj2olj.jpg

image_zpsi5eibdoy.jpg

image_zpsmgajwsqw.jpg

She swallowed a full tank of V power in no time but made me buzz so who cares lol.

Then I though why not go and give the Cupra a good test after my map as all week it's only been commuting to work/hospital and back.

Again she enjoyed a fair bit of V power but boy it was worth it she feels like an animal and keep in mind that's after a epic ride on the RR.

All in all I've de-stressed today big time thanks to my good news and two toys :p

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Good to see you're mums on the mend fella and home, that a big step in the right direction.

You been getting giddy with them corners, liking the look of the cotton wool on the edges. The only reason I haven't got a bike yet is my old man once said to me "once you've had a bike a car will never be fast enough" so I thought I'd hold off a bit before I get my license and bike ha ha.

Great toys mate, not jealous at all (mumbles git to myself) ha ha glad it made you feel better and destressed you.

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Good to see you're mums on the mend fella and home, that a big step in the right direction.

You been getting giddy with them corners, liking the look of the cotton wool on the edges. The only reason I haven't got a bike yet is my old man once said to me "once you've had a bike a car will never be fast enough" so I thought I'd hold off a bit before I get my license and bike ha ha.

Great toys mate, not jealous at all (mumbles git to myslef) ha ha glad it md you feel better and destressed you.

Cheers Lee I appreciate it mate, yeah she could do with a new set of tyres to be fair. Would like some Pirelli SP2's but are mega money. Plus don't plan on doing a track day this year so that can wait for now.

Yeah they are two different kinds of rush but a bike is something that every petrol head should experience. Lol if yours gets anymore powerful you'd be able to race bikes.

Good to hear about your mum Craig.

Never been on a bike myself, would love a go though.

Cheers Dan I appreciate it mate, as I've said to lee it's something you should experience in life they are great fun.

Have you hit the order button on a set of H&R's yet mate? Yours would look stunning with them fitted!

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Cheers Lee I appreciate it mate, yeah she could do with a new set of tyres to be fair. Would like some Pirelli SP2's but are mega money. Plus don't plan on doing a track day this year so that can wait for now.

Yeah they are two different kinds of rush but a bike is something that every petrol head should experience. Lol if yours gets anymore powerful you'd be able to race bikes

Funny you should say that, a SV650 couldn't keep up with me from 3rd gear I think the wave of torque was too much for him. Ha ha. A select few 600's it should be good for on the country roads. But anything above that will kill me........Ha ha

markrich

Sep 16, 2012
Stoke
Should be Friday at the latest mate can't wait to see how it looks, I've ordered a tin of plasti dip so that should be here early next week at the latest. Will be doing the front and back badges and the Cupra lettering as I hate the chrome look.

are you going try mask them out or buy 5 new letters and paint them as you are right chrome looks s--t be nice with black tail pipe then :rofl:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.