My 08 Candy White Cupra

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Cheers mark, yeah really couldn't fault them I wouldn't hesitate going back to them. Your looks spot on also how are you finding the wind deflectors?

Thanks mate :) the Deflectors aren't bad haven't had any issues with them and didn't use the Metal Clips either as they destroy the Seals, they've never moved or flap with the windows up or down so I'm happy :D.

My previous Ibiza MK5 was a real pain in the arse with them though as it caused the windows to creak/rattle no matter what and did my head in, but on the Leon completely different story no problems at all.

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
Engine cover looking good mate, very impressive!

My Wind Deflectors turned up this morning and just been fitted, so I can recommend them aswell if you're in two minds. Also got/had them on everything I've owned over the last 5 years or so, and always been pleased with the job they do. £30 well spent.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers for the comments guys makes it worth the effort I appreciate it.

There is someone I know who has them to fit his car so will see what the results are like on his before I decide.

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Is it me by any chance? I bought as set in August and haven't fitted them yet. I forgot all about them until I saw the picture the other day. Might fit them tomorrow after cleaning the car.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Is it me by any chance? I bought as set in August and haven't fitted them yet. I forgot all about them until I saw the picture the other day. Might fit them tomorrow after cleaning the car.

No mate didn't realise you had a set,Send me a pic once fitted fella from what I have seen and heard about them they are good I'm yet to hear a negative regards quality/functionality.

There not to everybody's taste but I like them to be honest.

How's the motor running Lee?

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
The cover and the rims are looking ace Craig.
Quality job by the refurbers and I love that colour. Think it would be a good colour for mine if I ever get them 'furbed.

Gonna grab myself one of those stubbies for sure.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
..then I want to wrap my lower bumper strip under the grille black, wrap the roof black, fit a R spoiler and wrap that black, then get a R rear diffuser for the BCS powervalve exhaust I fancy, maybe sprinkle in a new clutch and dmf (although the stock one hasnt slipped on me yet) a few vcds tweaks for needle sweep and what not, some Eagle Asyms, cambelt and pump.

:)

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers Locky yeah I'm happy with the way she is looking.

Your plans sound good mate will get some pics up soon of the new look engine bay.Had a battle fitting the intake but worth it :D just need to trim a little more off the engine cover to clear the MAF.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Yeah so much of the cover needs trimming. A little tip I found, the holes in the cover where the rubber grommets locate - cut a section of the hole away, that way the cover will locate onto the studs much more easily - and more importantly come away a lot easier next time you need to take it off.

The rigidity of the cover isnt too good once its trimmed so it really helps. Ill dig out a photo to show you what I mean

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
So after a bit of a battle my CAI and cover are fitted. Removing the original pipe off the turbo was a nightmare(poor access). My cover needed a little bit of a trim to allow clearance for the MAF so out came the Dremel lol.

To get the cover on was a little tight but got it on after a nice brew and chill out :D

Here is a couple of images

image_zpscb73b70d.jpg

image_zps90290df7.jpg

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Cheers Dan, It sounds great mate you get a lot more turbo/dump valve noise and obviously more intake noise but not excessive, if you drive like on an Eco-run then the noise is barely noticeable.

At first I thought that is going to annoy me but after a spirited run it made me smile lol

It terms of performance It feels more lively and responsive than with the standard intake but could be the placebo effect :shrug:

Loving the strut fella makes life very easy whilst working under the bonnet, fitted it before the intake and afterwards I thought that would have been a pain in the arse without it.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Just wait till you drop the Stage 1 software in there ;-)

Anyway these are the little segments I cut out the holes where the rubber grommets locate. They could be a bit smaller but there is still enough lip there to stop the rubber pushing through when mounting the cover, but it allows a little more give in the rubber for the metal mounts to push through the rubber.
I was finding it impossible before I made the cuts, the increased flexibility especially at the back 2 was just pushing the lower portion of the cover upwards.

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Ha ha yeah stage 1 is next and can't wait it will be a birthday present to myself ;)

Looking at the image you put up on another thread of the battery cover install it looks like my cover needs to go down more.As your cover seems to be closer to the intake on the battery side compared to mine :shrug:

Will have a play with it tomorrow but it feels solid and I was able to get my hand down near the back mounts to push and again it felt solid.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Only the K&N 57i but not spending £150 on it. Most people say they're not worth it as the standard airbox is the best option. I'd fit an S2000 filter but the 57i has bits on it to accommodate the hoses etc that come off the standard box.