My 52 Plate 1.2 Ibiza

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
i put my sunstrip on yesterday so will get some pics up for you tonight.

corner of it ripped on on a64 on first night though so had to do a botch job at side of road haha

anyway think it looks quite good to say it only took 15mins.

if ya give me a time i might meet ya at car wash cos my needs doing the worst. we can get some pics and that with shiny cars :D

let me know mate

hypopsycho

D'ya wanna go faster?
Jan 12, 2010
York
Cool, well a morning of two halves, car passed MOT with flying colours, got it washed by the Poles, hoovered it, cleaned the dash etc, started fitting the sunstrip, started p**sing it down, made a bit of a mess of the strip at the top, cut a bit much off so I could actually see out!:censored::censored::censored::censored: SIGH. Anyway, not too bad, will have to come off for the next MOT anyway, so will do a better job next time, or if SCN ones appear I'll get one of those...at least the K&N sticker went on no fuss!

Yeah would have met ya, but only just got this and had to do everything this morning as I'm at work at 2pm....some bloody week of this is!

Will be up at Monks Cross tomrrow aft, and around Selby area on Fri aft/eve, so if your out, flash us!

Taken pics, just Photoshopping the plate out now!

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
would be good to get some pics of both cars. could meet ya at monk x 2moro afternoon if ya wanted mate.

your call!

anyway get the pics up ! finally another decent ibiza round york haha

good time ahead!

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
Photo0166.jpg

Photo0167.jpg

Photo0168.jpg

its not perfect, not what i would expect if i paid someone to fit it but its ok for me !

and i think it works well with red grill.

hypopsycho

D'ya wanna go faster?
Jan 12, 2010
York
would be good to get some pics of both cars. could meet ya at monk x 2moro afternoon if ya wanted mate.

your call!

anyway get the pics up ! finally another decent ibiza round york haha

good time ahead!

Pics are up on my readers ride. Yeah thats a cool idea, plans having to change, my boiler has just packed up, I'll PM you my number and we can try and sort something out though yeah?

:funk:

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
Nice mate what % is the tints ? and can you not get the front two tinted aswel ?

i dont know % mate but the guy said he had done it 1below limo so i would reckon 75%-80% or something and i couldnt be bothered spending cash on fronts when only legal amount is 20%

and i need to declare everything to insurance haha

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
driving tonight on way back from elvington (little country roads) and was messing with height of lights and found i can turn dash lights up and down haha didnt know that! well impressed it well light now :D

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
driving tonight on way back from elvington (little country roads) and was messing with height of lights and found i can turn dash lights up and down haha didnt know that! well impressed it well light now :D

i only found that about 2 months ago aswel when i was messing with the light height, right job!! :lol:

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
loving the work done, with the smaller wheels its crying for a little bit of slammage.

reminds me so much of my first car a 04plate 1.2, cracking little thing. The fault you had was the same as mine and it was the coilpack. still cant beat the 1.2 for a bit of fun and rev happy motoring.

you should look at getting the facelift front bumper makes such a difference to the look of the car and then put the LCR splitter on it, would look good and aggressive!!

anyways keep up the good work!!

Last edited:

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
its ok all you guys saying slam her and trust me i would love to!!!

but if anyone wants to chat to my mother or pay insurance company £500 we will get going :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.