my OBD Socket is dead???

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
just over a month ago i know it was working as a locksmith had to obtain the code for my new spare key.

yesterday i took the car to Will at P-Torque, and the OBD seems to be dead, no power, has anyone experienced this,

anu ideas on what it could be before i hand it over to an electrician

cheers

bash

Zuhnu99

Jan 9, 2009
Finland
just over a month ago i know it was working as a locksmith had to obtain the code for my new spare key.

yesterday i took the car to Will at P-Torque, and the OBD seems to be dead, no power, has anyone experienced this,

anu ideas on what it could be before i hand it over to an electrician

cheers

bash

In my car there was one screw assembled throught OBD-connector wires. I think that the screw was somewhere backside of the ashtray. Or was it backside of the climate cotrol? I can't remember anymore. But anyway somewhere backside of this console.

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
i've not removed or replaced any screws around the obd.

i only removed the cover under the dash a week or so ago to change the head light switch, and made sure all wires were clear.

anyone else got any ideas???

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Have you got an aftermarket head-unit? One of the wires (blue i think, but please search first) can cause problems with the OBDII port. Something to do with the oem radio expected a 12v input from this wire, but the aftermarket radios giving a 12v output down it. There is some info about it on Ross-techs website.

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
i have the standard set up, no after market head unit

sine the last time i had the key code read, nothing has changed

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.