Naz - My '98 Cordoba 2.0 16v SX - Now SOLD!

woodlehouse

Mar 1, 2008
billingham
my first seat i ever owned tbh- its great though- everyone asks what is it?? and then they find its got an abf? next question i get asked is who done the conversion?

the look on their face when they hear its standard! lol

Cannot wait to sort the handling out on this!

handling wise what i found on my old ones is this

use the hottuning coilovers off ebay (ibiza 6k ones ) for £160 ish there great on these , get some rear stub axle spacers on the rear between stubs & axle itsself or 10mm hub centric wheel spacers

lower the front more than the rear like my pixs below & buy the best tyres you can afford or you will be drifting it uncontrolably round corners in the wet :( similar to the old 205 gtis )

my red one on 17" oz
CORBYONOZ.jpg

red one on 16"
asat008-1.jpg

my silver one on the 16" refurbed
pics170.jpg

CHeers, i had the ebay specials on my polo and they were great for what you pay for them

im hoping to get my 16s Cupra Stars this month, was looking at getting the coilies very soon but most likely will collect all the parts i need before putting them all on as i want to replace all wishbones/bushes/trackrods/antiroll bar all at the same time. also a upper and lower strut brace.

woodlehouse

Mar 1, 2008
billingham
all yours look good! i really like the silver one! looks really smart.

is it true that the ride on 17s with coilies is utter Crap?

yeah the ride on 17" alloys & coils is shocking didnt like it much but i had no choice to run 17" alloys because of these badboys :) tarox 6 pots with 323mm rotors
pics064.jpg

soon got board of braking with teh rear wheels in the air so sold them on & off came the wheels for stock 16" while the 16" dished stars were getting refurbed , i loved thast red corby , was a 2000 1 owner x reg with 77k on clock but my driving skills ran out & i did this to it :(
DSC00882.jpg

couldnt fix it with this much chassis damage , also roof kinked
DSC00897.jpg

so stripped for parts & bought the **** silver one off ebay for £375 :) also low miles & 3 owners & transfered all my parts over , ran it for 10 months i think till mot was out & it was rotten on the back panel so again stripped for parts ^ monies raised bought me a nissan skyline r33 gts-t turbo RWD fun ........................since sold this & got my leon 1.8t cupra :)

see here
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=230286

if you need any help or advise on anything cordoba just ask :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i think i spotted ya yesterday?
was you in town just off New Hall Street? i went for a meal for a cousins b'day, i think it's called Brook Street? (i'm never really down them ends lol)
a R32 golf was infront of ya (it turned right)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
woodlehouse-thanks for your info.. Your red one with the brakes look well sweet!

Suj-yeah was me.. Im not really in town that much either, my mate was down from london and he was stayin in a hotel around there.. Dependin on when it was i was either picking him up or dropping him off.

oh thought it was mate, yeah was at night, so was probably dropping him off lol
i seen the corby/last part of reg and thought i'd seen it before!
looked sweet/shiney (even at night) i wasn't driving

have a good eid man! all the people down the garage we're telling me it is either tomorrow or mon right?

oh thought it was mate, yeah was at night, so was probably dropping him off lol
i seen the corby/last part of reg and thought i'd seen it before!
looked sweet/shiney (even at night) i wasn't driving

have a good eid man! all the people down the garage we're telling me it is either tomorrow or mon right?

lols car was filthy too! yeah Eid is today- was confirmed on saturday night with the moon sighting etc..

ello u hows tihings ( :

things are cool! just cannot wait to get all the suspension parts and strip the front end down and rebuild! its going to be done hopefully over the next couple of months! funds are VERY tight:(

got to sort the roll out! dont fancy being in the passangers lap everytime i take a nice right hander!

you need to get some pics of your car up Kez!

Last edited:
Just a small update - Mk3 Cupra Steering wheel , Mods are going slow due to engagement/wedding preps- Damn its expensive!

Looking to renew Wishbones and bushes and anti roll barr bushes- Ive been looking for powerflex or alternative bushes for the wishbones/antiroll bar but can only find ones that really expensive! well over a hundred! any ideas or suggestions anyone?

Before eww!!!

4108918652_d12ca46ffb_b.jpg

After mmmm....

4108175915_9a0a247db6_b.jpg

4109023318_8731d75e82_b.jpg

and yes that is the Maxpower Grenade thingy free with the 'Smooth' issue, only bought it to check the dubs out!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
said before a few times that's the best mod ever for a mk2, never go back to the skinny 4 spoke now