Naz - My '98 Cordoba 2.0 16v SX - Now SOLD!

Not much to update yet- its all coming slowly but steady!

Had my alternator Belt and PAS belt renewed the other week - Sorted the squeeky Pas and sticking in the rain! (just need the undertray now) Got to see under my car properly for the first time under a ramp! Looks mighty clean under there with no rust! (yet)

Car went for MOT on Saturday and PASSED with flying colours, (with ABS Light ON!) only gave me the certificate as he knows im going to get it sorted.

Got me some wheels last week- just waiting to get them refurbed before getting them on the car! Pics will come soon!

been having fun helping to build my mates Caddy with a full Octy Vrs Conversion. Hydo Cluth Pedal now in (and clears brake bar!)

some random pics of two different mates projects

Caddy
4165362529_71e1f50399_b.jpg

mk2 Cortina (just needs mopping and refitting now!!)
4166122094_38865d129a_b.jpg

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
that 'tina is looking sweet :)

our club chairman's Mk2 Savage just won top prize at this year's classic show beating Steve McQueen's Mustang and a £1.2 mill Ferrari :) result :)

that 'tina is looking sweet :)

our club chairman's Mk2 Savage just won top prize at this year's classic show beating Steve McQueen's Mustang and a £1.2 mill Ferrari :) result :)

Thats definately something mate!

it definately is looking real smart with the rough black spray on crud removed off the roof and replaced with creamy white! mates gone for the original colour on the body

mechanically im afraid its staying standard at the moment ( its got 30 odd k on it from new! )

one more for ya!

engine and running gear will probably be looked at nex summer at some time, maybe capri lump and gear..???

4166142098_e5c8223dc3_b.jpg

a little update. :)

I havent had much time to post or even browse the forums recently but i see the e-mail updates from the mk2 forum so ive got a jist! just been tooooo bizi at work and then come evening last thing i want to do is sit in front of a computer again!

got some goodies fitted last week some time...

MK2 golf wishbones with poly bushes
OMP front lower strut brace
couple of pics --->

4382327040_f6bbf5f61d_b.jpg

4369034830_e26b40890d_b.jpg

all i can say is that the wishbones were a pain in the a**e to get in!! due to the bushes being thicker than standard.
we ended up removing the brake carrier and caliper so we had more room to manouvere the wishbone and had to use brute force to get it in!

but all in all the car handles a lot more responsively and the steering is a lot more pinpoint! i love it and cant wait to see the difference when i put the coilies on eventually!

one downside is though it highlights how poor the standard rear end handles!!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
looks really good naz, i was thinking of lower struth, but then need rear struts really lol (and i need my boot) so no point really lol :)

gonna look really good on coilies!

looks really good naz, i was thinking of lower struth, but then need rear struts really lol (and i need my boot) so no point really lol :)

gonna look really good on coilies!

Lower strut definately make a huge difference, stuff the rear strut b and get a uprated rear anti roll bar instead! that plus rear wheel spacers should sort the rear handling out!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Lower strut definately make a huge difference, stuff the rear strut b and get a uprated rear anti roll bar instead! that plus rear wheel spacers should sort the rear handling out!

yeah i was thinking about rear ARB
yeah was gonna suggest rear spacers to you

i can't run spacers for much longer, gonna be running 8-8.5J on the back :p with spacers will make the wheels ET-6 or ET-12 haha

you going to UD or gti springfest?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
rear spacers are on my list already- the hubcentric ones.

yes mate i should be rolling down to UD definately.

what wheels you dropping suj? and you still aint sent me a pic of your mk3 centre console in!

got a place for you, check PM in a min

wicked, i will chat to you then definitely mate!

oh i'm keeping shhh till they are done :p
oh crap, i knew i forgot something sorry :whistle:
will get them ASAP :D

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members