Need advice with Sound Setup!

harddiillion

FR TDi
Sep 12, 2010
S. London
Hi Guys;

i have decided I am going to upgrade my current sound system which is in my Seat Ibiza MK4 FR.

I wanted to know what the speaker sizes where for the front and back?

I also wanted to know if the standard head unit that comes stock with the car will allow me to connect a sub/amp?

On the flip side i already have a lot of equipment already (taken from my old 1.6 polo)

1* genesis Profile two amp
1* Alpine MRP-M450 amp

^^ I used one amp to power the old focals i had (smaller back speakers) and the other amp to power the sub*

Pair of Un-used Focal 165v Poly Glass 165mm Speakers with 45mm Tweeters (Im worried these will not fit :S) - I have never unboxed these as they would not fit in my old car!

and 1* custom JL Audio 12 inch sub.

Any advice of other peoples set up would be muchly appreciated!

Thanks Guys

** Just tinted my 5 door and i love it. Midnight all round **

Last edited:

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
Speakers are 6.5" (17cm) in the front and back,
Your tweeters may be a problem i had tweeters that size and fitting them was a pain!
Im not sure about a sub on the standard h/u
I would upgrade the headunit if you can, it does make a big difference having a decent one.

harddiillion

FR TDi
Sep 12, 2010
S. London
Speakers are 6.5" (17cm) in the front and back,
Your tweeters may be a problem i had tweeters that size and fitting them was a pain!
Im not sure about a sub on the standard h/u
I would upgrade the headunit if you can, it does make a big difference having a decent one.

I Assume the focals i have will not fit.

Any speakers you would recommend for the front and back. Its a must i have clear clarity !!

harddiillion

FR TDi
Sep 12, 2010
S. London
Your focals will fit if they are 165.

Cheers marshey. Problem is I think the tweeters will not fit in where the stock tweeters are !

I guess all I need now is a good pair of back speakers to compliment the Focals.

The next ting I wanted to look into Is sound proofing the doors and maybe boot. Is this simply sound proofing film which sits within the door card ?

What are the benefits ?

Cheers

K.A.S

what soundproofin you going to use mate? theres quite a few on the market whats good?

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
iv put a 12" sub and 600W amp in the boot, standard rears, inphase tweeters and pioneer door speakers. very good setup, no need to upgrade the rear speakers to be honest. for the door speakers you will need to buy adaptor pods so the window can go down. £10 on ebay

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.