new maf, holding back???

gtdean

right as some of you know ive had my car mapped by someone diffrent (im just an idiot) anyway after refitting my ecu the car run fine but just lacked power off of the mark, and the traction control light came on followed by the e/m light.

well i got this checked out and it turned out my maf was fooked, so ive done no more than get a new one (more fun)

so after fitting my new maf i thought all had to be good now (wrong), the car now seems like it wants to go but as soon as i give it any throttle it holds back and higher up the revs it back fires??? (all dash lights now stay off) so now im about ready to burn it :cry: :confused: so please if you can advise me in any way i would be very grateful.

thanks dean.

R0b

Nov 3, 2006
Ryan had a similar problem Dean, turned out to be spark plugs.

Saying that, Ian had a problem like yours after his was mapped, also turned out to be plugs. When he planted it in a gear from low revs it would pop and hold back, almost like a rev limiter sort of sound.

deansibiza

dean
Nov 13, 2006
Ryan had a similar problem Dean, turned out to be spark plugs.

Saying that, Ian had a problem like yours after his was mapped, also turned out to be plugs. When he planted it in a gear from low revs it would pop and hold back, almost like a rev limiter sort of sound.

cheers rob ill try some plugs

May 2, 2006
TBA is after a battery reset, you turn the ignition on but not the engine, and listen under the bonnet, yoou will hear the noise and it will stop, when it stops, its done (think it might click when done too, been a while)

May 2, 2006
and in vagcom (off ross tech website)

Turn the key on but do not start the car.

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Measuring Blocks - 08]
Group 060
[Go!]
[Switch to basic settings]
Once you do this you will see the top right display say ADP RUN. The TB adaptation is being done as soon as you switch to basic settings. You will see the values change and hear the TB cycle for the first few seconds then it will stop. Leave it in Basic Settings for about 30 seconds.
[Switch to Meas. Blocks] button and you're all set.

deansibiza

dean
Nov 13, 2006
ok guys more problems, ive now replaced the plugs and the misfire has stopped and it pulls ok, but it will only boost to 5psi???? im losing the will to live tbh, everytime i think ive solved it something else pops up :cry:

but all said at least it was the plugs not the coil pack.

R0b

Nov 3, 2006
It's still in limp mode, need to run vagcom to check codes and clear them. Me, Ian and Ryan can all help with that

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members