New member, just bought a cupra

Ianm83

Right well ive just gotten rid of my mk4 golf 2.slow and bought a 2000 Leon Cupra.

Bargain price as it needs some paintwork which isnt a problem.

So this is mainly a hello and also a few questions, I want to facelift my car, possibly with Cupra R bumpers, are there any replicas worth having or is it the same deal as VW's with Genuine stuff being the only worthwhile?

I also would like to know what kinda power these map to, I believe this is the 180 BHP version.

Correctme if im wrong

Cheers!

Ian

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
welcome ,
as for bumpers genuine is the only way , FB kits are cac
think the facelift cupra kit pops up more often then the LCR 's

as for maps think it differs to what engine you got (engine code )
what mods you do before a map
who you get map done by

Ianm83

welcome ,
as for bumpers genuine is the only way , FB kits are cac
think the facelift cupra kit pops up more often then the LCR 's

as for maps think it differs to what engine you got (engine code )
what mods you do before a map
who you get map done by

Anything facelifted is better than the naff bumpers i have now! I assume they are all interchangeable?

Its definately the 180BHP car, not sure of the engine code yet. Custom code map it to around 210 for stage one but id probably give it a really good service, belts and all then upgrade the intake, Recirc valve, exhaust and intercooler before any mapping took place and then go straight into Stage 2

240 should be doable?? id be more than happy with that in a front wheel drive car as it is going to be used daily and Id like atleast a little mpg!

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Anything facelifted is better than the naff bumpers i have now! I assume they are all interchangeable?

Its definately the 180BHP car, not sure of the engine code yet. Custom code map it to around 210 for stage one but id probably give it a really good service, belts and all then upgrade the intake, Recirc valve, exhaust and intercooler before any mapping took place and then go straight into Stage 2

240 should be doable?? id be more than happy with that in a front wheel drive car as it is going to be used daily and Id like atleast a little mpg!

They dont just change over you need new guide profiles + splash shield extensions, nothing major tho.

AUQ engine with the KO3s turbo maps to 210-215 on stage 1 and 220-240 on a stage 2 with supporting mods :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members