New procedure from SEAT !

LEON2DRIVER

May 18, 2007
Would be interesting to know if anyone else that had the phantom audio switch on and off on there SEAT, has been told that in the last 2 weeks a new procedure has come out where the dealerships test the faults on the audio units have been changed where they have to fill out paperwork, which could mean that if you were told yes you have a fault on the audio unit and a new one would be orderd for you, before the last 2 weeks now means you cant have it replaced now.
That is what i was told at the maindealer before i blew my top off and called customer services and told them how i felt.
After a phone call to them by customer services they decide to put one in !
Mind you it had a fault in the new unit as well so i have to wait for another one:doh:

mode

Apr 27, 2007
North Wales
Mine seems ok but a word of warning other makes only fit recon units regardless of the age of the car so make sure you have a brand new radio unit off SEAT.

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
I had this from brand new. Picked the car up drove away and the stereo just turned itself off. I thought at first I hit a botton on the stereo controls then done it again and again. I could only get about 15 seconds out of it before it would just shut down.

Needless to say I was on my way back to the dealer immediatley. Didn't even get home with the car before I done an about turn. Was hacked off as this was clearly just ignored at the PDI as it was late on a Fridat afternoon. Got it booked in for next day and it was condemned as knackered head unit. They orderd a new one and weeks passed. Brand new car 4 weeks without a radio as they claimed they could not get one off back order until I blew my top and demanded the one out of the showroom car.

I've always wondered however whether I'm going to have problems with the stereo code going forward as it came from a different car.

cmc

LEON2DRIVER

May 18, 2007
What worries me is how many other new procedures have just come in that will either stop you from getting something changed maybe on warranty or have been told that yes a fault was picked up but cannot be replaced due to these new procedures.
I think that anyone who picked up a new car from SEAT in the last 2 weeks should have some new written rules as to what the new changes are, ok it might be that the changes are for the dealership side of things as i said in how paprerwork now has to be done, but like for me over 2 weeks ago to be told that a fault was dtected in my audio unit, and told a new one was ordered to replace it,and then tell me it cant be done now because of the new procedures and that i would have to monitor the problem is out of order !
I hate to keep moaning about the car as i really love it, Dont seem like it i know.
But when you buy a new car it should last more than a few days before you start to notice things not working properly or defects.
Many will say they havent had anything go wrong with there car and that is how it should be, but i guess there are a few of us that get ones that were at the end of the line and got forgot about:cry:

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
In short it doesn't matter what procedures SEAT are trying to introduce, a fault is a fault and legally they have to fix it under the terms and conditions of the 3 year warranty (assuming it is not user inflicted or wear & tear)

I've been told that they will only fix rattles on vehicles that have covered less than 6000 miles and are less than six months old - Trading Standards will have some choice words for SEAT if the rattle is the result of a faulty part of manufacturer defect.

LEON2DRIVER

May 18, 2007
Had the new audio unit put in last week and was very pleased at that.
Right so here we go again yesterday and today audio unit switched itself on :cry: fanbloodytastic[:@] So more travel to the dealers again.
Couple of things i would like to know and that is should you have been issued a new radio code ? only according to the maindealer the SEAT'S dont need one !.
And the other thing is should you not be given paperwork to show what has been done to the car only this is twice i havent been issued with such !
If this is going to be a common fault with the radio then i think this is ridiculous to think that you would need to keep going back and have exactly the same unit orded again only for it to repeat itself agian and again.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Had the new audio unit put in last week and was very pleased at that.
Right so here we go again yesterday and today audio unit switched itself on :cry: fanbloodytastic[:@] So more travel to the dealers again.
Couple of things i would like to know and that is should you have been issued a new radio code ? only according to the maindealer the SEAT'S dont need one !.
And the other thing is should you not be given paperwork to show what has been done to the car only this is twice i havent been issued with such !
If this is going to be a common fault with the radio then i think this is ridiculous to think that you would need to keep going back and have exactly the same unit orded again only for it to repeat itself agian and again.

you dont need a code, allegedly a head unit wont work in another car until a dealership has coded it to the car.

LEON2DRIVER

May 18, 2007
you dont need a code, allegedly a head unit wont work in another car until a dealership has coded it to the car.

Ok thanks.
Just need to go to the dealer again and tell them the new unit is as bad as the old one now if not worse, im sure i will be told they have to replicate it first and if they cant then they wont change it probably.
I better get the cumstomer services number to the ready i think.:argue:

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Ok thanks.
Just need to go to the dealer again and tell them the new unit is as bad as the old one now if not worse, im sure i will be told they have to replicate it first and if they cant then they wont change it probably.
I better get the cumstomer services number to the ready i think.:argue:

is it definitely a new one? :whistle:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.