No engine sound difference in various driving modes 2.0 tsi 245)

Idrossizina

Sep 25, 2023
Hi, in my Formentor 2.0 tsi 245 cv I cannot hear any engine sound differences in the various driving modes! No exhaust note or more bangs or any difference from confort to Cupra. That Happens to you too?

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
You should be able to hear the exhaust valves open with the window down when idling. Adjust from Comfort to Sport (or CUPRA) or select the engine noise setting in individual mode.

The Soundaktor (fake engine noise) will also be effected by different driving modes:

In Comfort mode - the soundaktor is off.
In Sport mode - the soundaktor is at approx. 50% volume.
In CUPRA mode - the soundaktor is at 100% volume.

Pops & bangs from the exhaust are only enabled in CUPRA mode and the engine must be warm. ECU will command pops & bangs between 3k to 4k revs on the overrun (off-throttle engine reciprocation with the car in gear) with louder bangs near 4k.

Idrossizina

Sep 25, 2023
You should be able to hear the exhaust valves open with the window down when idling. Adjust from Comfort to Sport (or CUPRA) or select the engine noise setting in individual mode.

The Soundaktor (fake engine noise) will also be effected by different driving modes:

In Comfort mode - the soundaktor is off.
In Sport mode - the soundaktor is at approx. 50% volume.
In CUPRA mode - the soundaktor is at 100% volume.

Pops & bangs from the exhaust are only enabled in CUPRA mode and the engine must be warm. ECU will command pops & bangs between 3k to 4k revs on the overrun (off-throttle engine reciprocation with the car in gear) with louder bangs near 4k.
Hi and thank you. I do not have any settings regarding sound in the drive profiles. As far as I know I do not have soundaktor because mine is not the 310 cv 4motion, I have actually a golf gti!!!

Idrossizina

Sep 25, 2023
Don’t think the 2.0 245 has soundaktor (thankfully). Potentially the same as in my Leon.

You can, however, get some pops and bangs from the exhaust in Sport/Cupra mode on overrun.
Ciao, do you have any sound settings in the drive profiles? In case, can we exchange pictures of our “individual” page to see weather Leon and Formentor differ somehow?

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
Ciao, do you have any sound settings in the drive profiles? In case, can we exchange pictures of our “individual” page to see weather Leon and Formentor differ somehow?
My Leon (2.0TSI 245) has no sound settings in any profile screens. No soundaktor, dual exhaust without any valve. Sounds good IMHO.

Our ex-Formentor 310 had “engine sound” in all of the profiles, with the ability to alter within individual profile. It came with both soundaktor and physically valved quad exhausts.

Reactions: Idrossizina

Idrossizina

Sep 25, 2023
Thus I understand that the 2.0 245:
1) doesn’t have soundaktor
2)doesn’t have a flap in the exhaust muffler
3j just makes pops and bangs thru ecu injections laws
4) thus it doesn’t have any sound settings in the drive profiles

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
1) correct
2) I believe so. Maybe it does but I’m pretty certain when it fires up they’re both outputting.
3) correct but you have to be in sport/cupra mode, doesn’t really do it in comfort unless you confuse the gearbox
4) correct

Reactions: Idrossizina

Idrossizina

Sep 25, 2023
But it makes that beautiful double vapour winter trick…

IMG_5686.jpeg

Idrossizina

Sep 25, 2023
1) correct
2) I believe so. Maybe it does but I’m pretty certain when it fires up they’re both outputting.
3) correct but you have to be in sport/cupra mode, doesn’t really do it in comfort unless you confuse the gearbox
4) correct

So this is my question: why golf 8 gti (which shares all the drivetrain) has got an engine sound setting? What is missing in the Formentor and in the Leon too?

IMG_5688.jpeg

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
Well, technically speaking, what’s missing is the Soundaktor module under the windscreen.
If you’re wondering why it’s not on certain models you’d need to ask cupra directly as they make the decisions. Perhaps because it’s a lower down brand than the VW overlords?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise