No permanent 12V

Jovin

Feb 18, 2007
Andover
Hi All
I recently fitted a jvc h/u to my cordoba and all was fine, till I took the ignition key out then all the settings on the radio went. It seems the switched and perm 12v are the opposite way round on the jvc but how do you get the wires out of the iso connector to swap them! Ive removed the yellow bar from the connector block thinking thats what maybe holds the wires in but no amount of pulling and wriggling will free them. :(

Any help appreciated

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Most ISO leads (the one from the car loom to the back of the headunit) I've seen recently have had the red and yellow wires on bullet connectors so you can do just this - swap the perm. and IGN feeds into the headunit

Sounds like you're just unlucky with this one :(

I think you're best option is to be brave and cut the wires on the JVC lead (rather than cutting up the car loom)

If it all goes horribly wrong, a new lead from JVC will be ... what ? £25 ?

The dash loom from SEAT is considerably more and involves removing the dash!

Jovin

Feb 18, 2007
Andover
Cant swap the wires on the jvc lead....there isnt one! The SEAT connectors fit straight in the only difference being the switched and perm.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Ah, sorry gotcha now

You can get adapter looms (that are just pin-to-pin, but with the perm. and IGN switched) but you might be better off just cutting the car loom then and attaching a couple of bullet connectors so you can always swap it back to standard at a later date if you wanted/had to

If you go fr these type -

eagleday_1935_32933725
eagleday_1935_32972648

...you'll be able to connect live or switched feeds for CD changers/iPods/SatNavs etc at a later date

and no soldering - just clamp them on with pliers :D

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Just found one of the loom adapters on eBay by accident

For £6 delivered, the choice is yours (s'pose it depends how lazy you're feeling) :D

One warning though - there's not much room behind the dash for too many plugs

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.