Ongoing fault codes - MK1 LC

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Had some running issues on my LC when i bought it. Had the usual fault codes for pressure drop around turbo area, running too rich etc. Have changed various things including:

4 Coilpacks
MAF
Dump valve
Jetex filter

Recently bought a turbo hose kit, only had the chance to fit 3 of the 5 (tb to ic, dv to charge pipe, n75 to charge pipe) . Now the pressure drop code which i've had for months has disappeared :D but now have a new code:

17956/P1548/005448 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N75): Open Circuit
Possible Symptoms
Irregular behaviour
Loss of power
Limp mode
Possible Causes
Wiring and/or connections faulty (short circuit)
N75 faulty
Possible Solutions
Check wiring and connections
Check / Replace N75

:censored:

I can remember that getting the small hose from the n75 was a right pita, is it possible i could have damaged the n75? Are they quite fragile, like mafs?

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Had some running issues on my LC when i bought it. Had the usual fault codes for pressure drop around turbo area, running too rich etc. Have changed various things including:

4 Coilpacks
MAF
Dump valve
Jetex filter

Recently bought a turbo hose kit, only had the chance to fit 3 of the 5 (tb to ic, dv to charge pipe, n75 to charge pipe) . Now the pressure drop code which i've had for months has disappeared :D but now have a new code:

17956/P1548/005448 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N75): Open Circuit
Possible Symptoms
Irregular behaviour
Loss of power
Limp mode
Possible Causes
Wiring and/or connections faulty (short circuit)
N75 faulty
Possible Solutions
Check wiring and connections
Check / Replace N75

:censored:

I can remember that getting the small hose from the n75 was a right pita, is it possible i could have damaged the n75? Are they quite fragile, like mafs?

You did plug the N75 back in yeah? ;) - I mean the loom connector btw.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
just bypass the n75!

Dont be daft... how will you control the boost exactly if you do this? :doh:

I think your probably refering to the N249 which alot of people bypass but having done this myself for several thousand miles and then reverting to standard imho it makes bugger all difference except creates a less linear boost curve ;)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
just bypass the n75!

:doh:

You did plug the N75 back in yeah? ;) - I mean the loom connector btw.

Yeah plugged back in, but i'll double check the connection tomorrow

Dont be daft... how will you control the boost exactly if you do this? :doh:

I think your probably refering to the N249 which alot of people bypass but having done this myself for several thousand miles and then reverting to standard imho it makes bugger all difference except creates a less linear boost curve ;)

So its better not doing it at all?