Options affecting Leon lead times

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Still no new order placed for my Cupra.
It's been almost 4 weeks since the wrong car was delivered.

VWFS/SEAT CS/JCT are all still chasing.
Apparently it has to go to the "brand", which I've been told is the programme manager at VWFS to get their approval for last year's price.

Not sure what happens if I don't get it.

My existing contract has now been extended until July, so I don't have BCA logistics chasing me.

Until I have a SLI I can't have an official extension for as long as it takes for the new car to come.

Looks like the waiting times haven't improved much either. This is unbelievable...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Still no new order placed for my Cupra.
It's been almost 4 weeks since the wrong car was delivered.

VWFS/SEAT CS/JCT are all still chasing.
Apparently it has to go to the "brand", which I've been told is the programme manager at VWFS to get their approval for last year's price.

Not sure what happens if I don't get it.

My existing contract has now been extended until July, so I don't have BCA logistics chasing me.

Until I have a SLI I can't have an official extension for as long as it takes for the new car to come.

Looks like the waiting times haven't improved much either. This is unbelievable...

That is just shocking, SEAT do seem in a mess and have no contingency plans in place whatsoever for the delays...

My small issue was having to accept higher payments (which the dealer matched to my original quote) due to the final value being lower between Q3 and Q4 offers. You would have thought SEAT and VWFS would honour Q3 quotes due to delays???

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
That is just shocking, SEAT do seem in a mess and have no contingency plans in place whatsoever for the delays...

My small issue was having to accept higher payments (which the dealer matched to my original quote) due to the final value being lower between Q3 and Q4 offers. You would have thought SEAT and VWFS would honour Q3 quotes due to delays???
Does that mean that if you want to buy it at the end of the PCP then it will cost you less or are you on PCH?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Yeah, I believe any agreed pricing should be honoured especially if you have it in writing and the delay wasn't your fault.

Did you get anywhere with the higher deposit that you were asked to pay?

I remember you were raising a case with SEAT CS.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Yeah, I believe any agreed pricing should be honoured especially if you have it in writing and the delay wasn't your fault.

There's some cracking Smart ForTwo offers at YesLease if you give up on SEAT

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
There's some cracking Smart ForTwo offers at YesLease if you give up on SEAT
Noted mate! By the time I get decision on this I'm sure those offers will be gone too

I think I'm in this for the long haul, It's been 6 months so far and counting. I'm not even at order stage.

Once they work out who's fault it was (now the case is with VW) I hope that they can secure me a priority slot or something.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby

SEAT CS just told me to go to VWFS and raise it with them!! Could not delay picking the car up as our P/X was due a service as well...

In the end I was happy that the payments were matched by the dealer to be the same as agreed and although deposit amount did not reduce by an extra £350, it was offset by a lower final value via PCP, so not actually lost out.

I still intend to write a letter outlining all my concerns and lack of foresight as expected they were as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Just ordered an Audi for the wife for September and both dealer and Audi seemed MUCH more switched on getting the car at cost price through Sytner Affinity.

Does that mean that if you want to buy it at the end of the PCP then it will cost you less or are you on PCH?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PCP so it will cost less to buy, but will most likely PX at two-three years for a MK4 as and when deals come through and IF SEAT has its act together...

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
SEAT CS just told me to go to VWFS and raise it with them!! Could not delay picking the car up as our P/X was due a service as well...

In the end I was happy that the payments were matched by the dealer to be the same as agreed and although deposit amount did not reduce by an extra £350, it was offset by a lower final value via PCP, so not actually lost out.

I still intend to write a letter outlining all my concerns and lack of foresight as expected they were as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Just ordered an Audi for the wife for September and both dealer and Audi seemed MUCH more switched on getting the car at cost price through Sytner Affinity.

PCP so it will cost less to buy, but will most likely PX at two-three years for a MK4 as and when deals come through and IF SEAT has its act together...

Oh I see.. The dealership came through then, I guess they can be more flexible on a PCP. Good stuff!

Yeah SEAT CS are really powerless in types of situations. I've been advised by them to speak with both the dealership and VWFS too.

We're now all cc'd into a big email chain with 30+ replies in there and counting.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to justify the spend on Audi and be treated to better service

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Do SEAT CS actually exist!? I raised a complaint (ref Ensurance) on Monday and still haven’t heard anything? Raheel called me regarding a goodwill gesture for the delay, I told him about the collision and he just said “sorry to hear that. Shall I close your case then?”. Actually ended up in a heated argument!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Oh I see.. The dealership came through then, I guess they can be more flexible on a PCP. Good stuff!

Yeah SEAT CS are really powerless in types of situations. I've been advised by them to speak with both the dealership and VWFS too.

We're now all cc'd into a big email chain with 30+ replies in there and counting.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to justify the spend on Audi and be treated to better service

Ha ha, Audi are not that far price wise when going through finance, although residuals have slipped as an A3 worked out cheaper than a Golf twelve months ago. Gone for an A1 Sportback Sport Nav, that was the same a month as a VW Polo SEL 1.0 115 TSi, but with the 1.4 123 TSI which is bizarrly only £1.60 a month more than the 1.0 95 TSi A1??? I spend far too much time on finance calculators :blink:

Wow that is some email chain, still ridiculous that so called 'customer service' cannot sort it out. Would make a great story for Autoexpress to get involved in if things continue to drag on :confused:

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Do SEAT CS actually exist!? I raised a complaint (ref Ensurance) on Monday and still haven’t heard anything? Raheel called me regarding a goodwill gesture for the delay, I told him about the collision and he just said “sorry to hear that. Shall I close your case then?”. Actually ended up in a heated argument!

Nope, they are run by Mr Potatohead and the cast from Toy Story...

OMG, I think Raheel needs some proper CS training... Or possibly sensitivity training :censored:

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Nope, they are run by Mr Potatohead and the cast from Toy Story...

OMG, I think Raheel needs some proper CS training... Or possibly sensitivity training :censored:

Indeed he does. My closing line was “what do you actually know? All you say is I don’t know!”

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Anyway, I’m spending the weekend looking for a car. Mine will undoubtedly be a total loss, after which I have two weeks in a courtesy car before they take it back. 7 month wait on the same Leon . Indeed, at least 12 weeks for any new car anyway. Going to have to be a second hand for me.

Only cars I like:
Leon - but I’d want a the new model. More expensive on PCP then I was/still am paying on PCH.
A3 S-Line - expensive even for a 63 plate
A4 Avant - expensive

Focus - not a fan of Ford
1 Series - no longer like BMW
Scirocco - I’d like 5 doors
Golf - boring
Golf GTD - diesel

My options are limited.

If by some miracle SEAT Finance find me a ECOTSI with SEAT Sound and Driver Convenience Pack I’ll be over the moon but it’s highly unlikely they will be able to.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Ha ha, Audi are not that far price wise when going through finance, although residuals have slipped as an A3 worked out cheaper than a Golf twelve months ago. Gone for an A1 Sportback Sport Nav, that was the same a month as a VW Polo SEL 1.0 115 TSi, but with the 1.4 123 TSI which is bizarrly only £1.60 a month more than the 1.0 95 TSi A1??? I spend far too much time on finance calculators :blink:

I wouldn't of expected that. To be honest I hadn't considered the PCP route as I didn't want to part with a large deposit up front.

I can't justify the spend on lease deals on the Audi and VW that I would want. That's left me with SEAT.

Wow that is some email chain, still ridiculous that so called 'customer service' cannot sort it out. Would make a great story for Autoexpress to get involved in if things continue to drag on :confused:

Currently got the contact info from LinkedIn of those in the higher positions at VW and the dealership brand. I may approach them first, but Autoexpress may not be a bad idea :)

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I wouldn't of expected that. To be honest I hadn't considered the PCP route as I didn't want to part with a large deposit up front.

I can't justify the spend on lease deals on the Audi and VW that I would want. That's left me with SEAT.

Currently got the contact info from LinkedIn of those in the higher positions at VW and the dealership brand. I may approach them first, but Autoexpress may not be a bad idea :)

Rattle the cages of those at the top :lol:

I rely on a big discount in terms of deposit then never put more than £500 of my own money down. Some people take advantage of the deposit allowance by agreeing to PCP taking the deposit allowance then paying off after a month or two.

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Must be something else in what is the most competitive segment of the new car market that would be suitable. Remember 'Autocar' and their sister 'What VAG?', (sorry, What Car?) magazine are hardly impartial in their reviews.
VW themselves fear Hyundai/KIA the most these days and there's plenty of more interesting options from other big boys like FIAT/Alfa, Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi, Honda - or, less likely, PSA/GM, and Toyota - not forgetting the better smaller outfits like Mazda, Suzuki, Subaru, e.t.c.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby

Indeed he does. My closing line was “what do you actually know? All you say is I don’t know!”

It seems very little, maybe you should have asked him if he knows what a car is and how many wheels it has :rofl:

Anyway, I’m spending the weekend looking for a car. Mine will undoubtedly be a total loss, after which I have two weeks in a courtesy car before they take it back. 7 month wait on the same Leon . Indeed, at least 12 weeks for any new car anyway. Going to have to be a second hand for me.

Only cars I like:
Leon - but I’d want a the new model. More expensive on PCP then I was/still am paying on PCH.
A4 Avant - expensive

Golf - boring
Golf GTD - diesel

My options are limited.

If by some miracle SEAT Finance find me a ECOTSI with SEAT Sound and Driver Convenience Pack I’ll be over the moon but it’s highly unlikely they will be able to.

Yep, I would have gone through the same list, had a pre-FL of the current 1 Series and it was a nice drive just build quality and spec not as good as it used to be.

A new A3 Sportback Sport 115 would probably about the same a month as your Leon, but spec is not quite as good.

Agree Golf is dull and not that cheap these days.

Closest competitor is the Skoda Octavia if you like Skoda's

I would also recommend the VW T-Roc if you fancy something a little different. Some good deals on those already. An Aron FR Sport 1.5 TSi is another alternative and I imagine would be about the same a month with a decent discount.

Trouble is, the Leon is excellent value and some great deals, I am paying £175 a month for a decent spec Leon - cheap car for price/spec.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018

Only cars I like:
A4 Avant - expensive

Golf - boring
Golf GTD - diesel

My options are limited.

There is deals still to be had i think. Have u considered the Arona? The only thing with them is u dont get to add stuff to spec

As long as you've got hire car indefinitely then at least u are being kept mobile. See what the insurers come back with and go fro. there.

Also didnt u mention something about whiplash

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.