Options affecting Leon lead times

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
Gents (and ladies too if any),

Spreadsheet updated - HERE

Nice to see a bit more green appearing now.

Mikeyh22, op_ and Bailey518 - have you got yours yet?

Update my end - spoke to a Customer Complaints Manager yesterday - Rasheel - somewhat embarrassing when he comes on the phone and can't even get basic details right about the case. I have little faith he'll be able to offer any assistance. He basically said he'll ring another team for an update and call me back on Wednesday. Probably the same team they speak to when you ring yourself and get told different dates each time. I'm not holding my breath!

Hello Luke, if you can update mine.

-Unconfirmed build week 48
-Confirmed build week 47

Thanks

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
Sorry if I wrote an error in English.

Some have to be careful with the sellers, many buyers who are in a hurry can buy your car. Other sellers may have forgotten to order and ordered later.

I had a case like that in the first booth I ordered in June when a month passed the negotiator called me to confirm that production would be at the end of September that would have the car in early October. When it came to the time the negotiator called me and said that the production was delayed and only after two more months it was going into production, bullshit. There was a more desperate buyer and he sold my car I'm sure. I lodged a complaint and I got the money back.

I went to another stand after a week and I told my story of what had happened, I did the business and after a few weeks they gave me the confirmation of the production date, impressive super fast. While on the other stand I waited ninety days.

Pay close attention to the order number and called the Seat itself

Last edited:

Chrispee

Nov 2, 2017
Hi guys, you can add more order to the list, Cupra ST manual, in silver, no options. Ordered 25/11/16 with no word on build date yet. Dealer quoted 20-22 weeks being normal but may be bought forward. Cheers

op_

Sep 20, 2017
Gents (and ladies too if any),

Nice to see a bit more green appearing now.

Mikeyh22, op_ and Bailey518 - have you got yours yet?

Update my end - spoke to a Customer Complaints Manager yesterday - Rasheel - somewhat embarrassing when he comes on the phone and can't even get basic details right about the case. I have little faith he'll be able to offer any assistance. He basically said he'll ring another team for an update and call me back on Wednesday. Probably the same team they speak to when you ring yourself and get told different dates each time. I'm not holding my breath!

Unfortunately I was way too busy to collect this week! I have arranged for it be delivered to my house next Monday, will keep you updated ;)

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
I have to agree with others that have complained about poor customer service from dealers, I only had updates when I've contacted the dealer.

Also I'm bemused by Seat offering £1000 off etc. deals when they are stretching delivery times.

More baffling is that in Q3 the Motability advance payment for our ST was £499 but in Q4 it went down to £149.

Seat can't build the cars quick enough but they still reduced the advance payment! A very strange business model.

We are fortunate* that our's is a Motability order so we will not be without a car, I feel for you guys & galls that could, potentially, be without a car. Seat need to up their game.

* I/we would be a lot happier if my wife had her health and not be eligible for a car via Motability.

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
Spoke with the supplying Dealer about adding the DSG gearbox
Quoted £40/month incl. VAT for it, so sticking with the manual GB lol

My Cupra order is still at unconfirmed BW49

Still sceptical about the BW TBH

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Yeah lol

Looking forward to speaking to him again even more now

I wouldn’t worry, he doesn’t seem much help anyway. He promised me good news but came back to me with a build date 7 weeks later than when he wasn’t involved!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
Spoke to CS again. Unconfirmed week 49 now. Apparently if it is still in that state next week, it will be confirmed. Just like week 41 and week 45 and week 47 would have been.

Every time I call them, it goes back a fortnight.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Hello Luke, if you can update mine.

-Unconfirmed build week 48
-Confirmed build week 47

Thanks

Done.

Hi guys, you can add more order to the list, Cupra ST manual, in silver, no options. Ordered 25/11/16 with no word on build date yet. Dealer quoted 20-22 weeks being normal but may be bought forward. Cheers

You ordered on the 25th November 2017!? :blink::blink:

Spoke to CS again. Unconfirmed week 49 now. Apparently if it is still in that state next week, it will be confirmed. Just like week 41 and week 45 and week 47 would have been.

Every time I call them, it goes back a fortnight.

They're......useless.

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
One question guys some of you have the car in december, what do you guys prefer waiting more 1/2 weeks for a plate registration 2018 or just dont given **** to that?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
One question guys some of you have the car in december, what do you guys prefer waiting more 1/2 weeks for a plate registration 2018 or just dont given **** to that?

I don’t think 2018 plate kicks in until March? Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

18 - March
68 - September

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Hello all.

I've been away from the forums for a while but it's time to change our Mk2 Leon FR170 CR so decided to catch up on the latest models, options and order times, etc.

Blimey, from reading some pages on this thread it sounds like Seat have royally cocked up with their current wait times and p**sed off a lot of customers with their orders.

I've been putting some quotes together and was surprised to have been given a wait time of around 30 weeks or longer but from what I've read it sounds like at least that and then some..

I tested an FR 1.4 EcoTsi DSG yesterday and was impressed with it's smoothness and refinement compared to our older diesel. Apart from the 18" alloy upgrade, which options seem to be most popular and value for money or should be considered a 'must have' on the FR spec..?

I'm tempted to go for a Drive The Deal quote based on 0% over 36 months but am now worried that we won't see the car until middle of summer next year..!

For those that have actually received their cars has it been worth the wait and is the current model as good as reviews and write-ups are saying..?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Hello all.

I've been away from the forums for a while but it's time to change our Mk2 Leon FR170 CR so decided to catch up on the latest models, options and order times, etc.

Blimey, from reading some pages on this thread it sounds like Seat have royally cocked up with their current wait times and p**sed off a lot of customers with their orders.

I've been putting some quotes together and was surprised to have been given a wait time of around 30 weeks or longer but from what I've read it sounds like at least that and then some..

I tested an FR 1.4 EcoTsi DSG yesterday and was impressed with it's smoothness and refinement compared to our older diesel. Apart from the 18" alloy upgrade, which options seem to be most popular and value for money or should be considered a 'must have' on the FR spec..?

I'm tempted to go for a Drive The Deal quote based on 0% over 36 months but am now worried that we won't see the car until middle of summer next year..!

For those that have actually received their cars has it been worth the wait and is the current model as good as reviews and write-ups are saying..?

Hey,

Yes, most of us have been having an absolute headache with SEAT. Some have been lucky and got their car very quickly.

From what we’ve worked out the ECOTSI engine and standard FR wheels seem to be an issue. Be worth discussing with your dealer if they have any in stock or orders on spec amend.

You can use the spreadsheet I’ve put together to see what we have ordered and how long we’ve been waiting.

If you’re going for personal contract hire then have a look at What Car leasing. It’s direct with the dealers, much better prices and usually no admin charges.

Someone on here said they had a good experience with IMG SEAT based in Warrington.

Reactions: PhilYerBoots

robot1000

Oct 2, 2017
Another update:

SEAT customer service called me back and after their initial investigations, they have blamed the dealership for ordering over the quota, which is why it was only accepted in the following month. I then queried this with the dealership and they have denied this to be the case and said they had not been advised of any quota.

Furthermore the dealership have informed me that Seat have 6 orders for every available build slots, so they have just been accepting everything and not worrying about the knock on effects.

I've escalated my complaint with SEAT and they will look into it further (yet again).

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Hello all.

As Luke has said, the EcoTsi and stock FR 17 inch alloys are a real holdup and could easily between them add 2-3 months onto your build time. On top of that I have suspicions that if you go DSG it will further add 6-8 weeks, I deduct that because their are a couple here that have very similar builds/same engine as me and they are having a much longer wait than I did without DSG, that is the only potential factor that I can see.

So I ordered a Monsoon Grey 1.8Tsi hatchback, I added the 18 inch 30/3 alloys and the Alcantara pack on the 18th July, the car arrived at UK port 11 weeks 4 days later :)
Rumour has it that the more expensive 18 inch machined alloys are causing a delay too, not sure on that though, I posted a pic 3 pages ago (post #341) of mine on the drive showing off the 30/3 alloys.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise