picked up my valver yesterday!...now with pics!!

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
..from carlisle!!! ( I LIVE NEAR CAMBRIDGE!) what a very different car to my old 8v! i've read a lot of threads on here of people going from an 8v to a 16v and being a bit dissapointed initially....not me!!! my 8v was not slow by any means and has proved to be quicker than another well modded 8v ibiza at an raf sprint day, but jesus christ thing sounds like a well silenced ford BDA on twin webbers! and it really pulls when above 4.5k rpm. the car is in great condition too! i did however leave the cable for my phone at me mum's so pics will along shortly! oh yeah..does an mgzr160 really have 160bhp? cos if so the 3 poeple in it must have weighed a LOT as one failed miserably to take me on on the trip from picking it up!:lol: nearly forgot..found it to have a cat-back s/s exhaust, no manufacturer stamped on, but all the pipes are s/s and are the same diameter on bends as if it's been mandrel bent, and it has the standard airbox with a large hole drilled into the wing side of it with a cold feed leading down to the bumper.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
i sold my 8v a week last thursday. sold it for 600 quid with no MOT and 140k miles with a blowing exhaust, and bought this one for 500 quid taxed and tested with 116k miles! cheap cos it was a CAT C (light rear end) in feb '07, it's been back on the road since march '07.

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
not stripping this one! i like the interior too much. main plan is to replace the suspension, the rear dampers are quite bouncy and it gets very out of shape round a bumpy corner if you try and press on. plus standard ride height is not a good look! bloody good service too cos it came with no service history. so cambelt/oil/filter/plugs/leads ect. i also need a few bits for it. rear reflectoer strip (that goes between the lights), also need both fog light surrounds (in ginger/copper). does anybody elses 16v sound a bit like an old ford cvh when your not booting it?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
Needs a bloody good wash mind!!

16112008271.jpg

16112008272.jpg

16112008273.jpg
:funk:

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Good lad! The singing of an abf above 4.5k is enough to make anyone smile - and thats before you take into account the burst of speed that goes with it!!
Enjoy

Ollie

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
Looking good mate !

once lowered.......it would look awesome !

what are your plans ?

just get it serviced and replace the knackered rear dampers (20 quid each!) initially, then probably go for coilovers.definately rear spacers on this one too. also need to improve the brakes with black diamond discs/pads as hopefully i'll get some schrick cams as i remember the bloke from golf+ mag bought a standard cordy sx and fitted these cams to it and made 181bhp!:lol: then i can go CTR hunting! (one of my mates has one!)

OllieL; said:
Good lad! The singing of an abf above 4.5k is enough to make anyone smile - and thats before you take into account the burst of speed that goes with it!!
Enjoy

Ollie

yeah they sound nuts! and yet mine sounds a bit like an old ford 1L fiesta engine when i'm not booting about!

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
All the green/red Cordies were P94*OVV, so it mustve been reg'd at the same time. Yeah its Northampton reg'd, its the closest DVLA tax office to SEAT UK.

I saw this car on eBay the other week, my friend was tempted to buy it to break, so its good to see its been saved!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
thought it might have been as mine has seat uk stamps in the first few pages