Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Garage Makeover #7 - Garage is now turning into a workshop studio

It is finally looking how I wanted it to look from day one when i started this project and when i first moved into my home 6 years ago. Really really pleased with how its turned out as its a night and day difference. The Ronseal done a good job with one coat but it definitely cannot do 60sqm like says on the tin, especially on a bumpy surface. Took the whole tin to do my garage just about so had to go and buy another tin for the second coat (spent £80 on garage floor paint alone). Please excuse the border, I will correct this after the second coat has dried.

DSCF3497.JPG

DSCF3498.JPG

DSCF3499.JPG

DSCF3500.JPG

Well chuffed. :D

Hopefully after tomorrow I can concentrate on getting Shed to house all the stuff in my conservatory and get shelving for all my tools and detailing gear.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers guys!

Just finished the second coat. The first coat was a blue colour (think they put wrong label on the paint) but this second coat is a grey slate colour. Eitherway it looks good so will order the racking now. :)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Maz what about cheap kitchen cupboards ?
You could then shut all your gear away and have a nice clean work surface. I think it would make it look a lot neater and cleaner then open metal shelfing.

Deleted member 58019

Looks great mate! I think DK has a good point with the kitchen cupboards

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Have you got any photos of the blue first coat Maz ? thats the colour I was thinking of using.
Agree with DK on the kitchen cupboards, when our extension is finished and the new kitchen goes in the old cupboards are being transfered to the garage.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thanks for the feedback and ideas peeps.

With the kitchen (Daz do you have a link to the one we were talking about?), although i do agree to a certain extent that it does make good places to put stuff in, I just don't like the look. It doesn't look "workshop" like to me. I also not sure what work surfaces I would actually need tbh. Also the type of kitchen I would want for the garage (piano black or shiny cupboards etc) would cost me £££££.

Ultimately due to my work situation I need to keep costs down! I invested a lot of money just doing the up the garage with electrics, lighting, paint and buying shed, around £1500....

Dave - pictures on the same page mate. I think there was a subtle change in the contrast between the greys but I am not sure. I think the blue would look really good nevertheless.

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Ikeas kitchen unit's used to be a decent price but there web sites not that great.
They also do gloss black doors ;)

Another way would be to just buy a couple of shhets of MDF and I'll knock you something up.

Personally I would'nt buy the metal racking, it looks cheap and and too garage like, I'd go for a nice smooth clean look.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.