Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Some pictures from a 35 hour detail I done couple weeks ago now. Thought I'd add a few to the readers ride thread from the detail thread.

DSCF3947.JPG

DSCF3950.JPG

DSCF3951.JPG

DSCF3955.JPG

DSCF3957.JPG

DSCF3968.JPG

DSCF3976.JPG

DSCF3993.JPG

DSCF4004.JPG

DSCF3989.JPG

Bad news is I had to drive it yesterday to play a 18 holes of golf.

She got a few looks in the car park which was nice and a chap asking me about it who was loading up his car with clubs.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
General Update

Everything is all well car wise. Had a little spirited drive and the car seemed to bog down massively at around. As I was on route to see Kenny@AmD he checked car over and it through up a MAF fault. We checked MAF/MAF readings and it was fine. Gave car a good thrashing and performance was good and handling out of this world so nothing to worry about.

Overall I am extremely happy with her. Just need to sort intercooler soon! Speaking of modifications I still have the ported head just sitting there. When funds allow I will get this installed after intercooler is done and dusted. Not sure when the funds will come though.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
keep washing cars , lol

only theres competition out there now , most petrol garages are being taken over by romanians now
washing cars !!!

all in good time

was meaning to ask on the pd150's its been suggested that my ccv system could be clogged up and possibly causig too much pressure forcing oil through , any suggestions on how and what to use to clean these hoses up , have not even attempted to take them off and see how big of job it is yet

cheers

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
keep washing cars , lol

only theres competition out there now , most petrol garages are being taken over by romanians now
washing cars !!!

all in good time

was meaning to ask on the pd150's its been suggested that my ccv system could be clogged up and possibly causig too much pressure forcing oil through , any suggestions on how and what to use to clean these hoses up , have not even attempted to take them off and see how big of job it is yet

cheers
Careful what you say Andrew its not just washing cars :lol:

Have a read: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=90355&highlight=blocked+CCV

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Slick took some very high quality pictures for me whilst the car was garaged during its big cleanup. They turned out well!

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3226.JPG

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3229.JPG

IMG_3231.JPG

IMG_3233.JPG

IMG_3234.JPG

IMG_3235.JPG

IMG_3236.JPG

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
very nice better than showroom conditions
, wish i had the time or the enthusiasm to even attempt that

got pissed off a week ago , washed motocross bike after 2days racing , the roadbike van then car

a fair few gours lost and lost of elbow grease !

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers Andrew.

Does take a lot of time and effort but once done then its the case of maintaining. If you got right tools and knowledge its easy! Come to London and we can sort something for your car ;)

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
Does take a lot of time and effort but once done then its the case of maintaining.

totally agree on that, gave mine a good days clean a couple of months ago and still looks good for it so you just need to keep on top but its nowhere near this level as it looks fantastic

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
Cheers Andrew.

Does take a lot of time and effort but once done then its the case of maintaining. If you got right tools and knowledge its easy! Come to London and we can sort something for your car ;)

thanks i think it would be just as dirty by the time i get home lol:D

any ideas where the glow plug relay is on ours ive changed the harness , but still same

my uncle seems to think i have a breather clogged ( gauze ) as his bm 330d has one , he changed his and it stopped smoking , does the pd150 have such a thing

cheers

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Looks stunning Maz.

Some truly awesome shots of the car and reflection there.

You must get her out a bit more.. ;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers Tom.

I do take her out! Just about lol She gets the privilege of taking me to the golf course now. Think I might knock that on the head and take my Mrs mk5 Ibiza although the problem would be the bag wont fit in her boot...

thanks i think it would be just as dirty by the time i get home lol:D

any ideas where the glow plug relay is on ours ive changed the harness , but still same

my uncle seems to think i have a breather clogged ( gauze ) as his bm 330d has one , he changed his and it stopped smoking , does the pd150 have such a thing

cheers
http://www.scottishvag.net/viewtopic.php?p=633266

:)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Cheers Tom.

I do take her out! Just about lol She gets the privilege of taking me to the golf course now. Think I might knock that on the head and take my Mrs mk5 Ibiza although the problem would be the bag wont fit in her boot...

Haha, not enough for me to see it mate, lol.

AmD meets aren't enough. You should come Prept at Brands on Wednesday night. Darren is coming along too. Should be some great German machinery around :drool:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008

NickBWB

Wow this car is incredible, so so clean, top work on the detailing, wish i had the patience to spend the time needed to improve mine.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members