• Thread starter Deleted member 12147
  • Start date

Deleted member 12147

Last edited by a moderator:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
JMS need some info, i rang Pipewerx the other day for quotes but i cant remember what he said for a downpipe and decat? Also he quoted me for this coating too (which i also forgot)...

How comes this system is such a dramatic increase over the Miltek?

Have to say dude, your car looks so well looked after, its good to see there are a few excellent examples left..

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yeah i'm happy with the sound now, I always wanted abit more noise and the milltek system just didn't cut the mustard sound wise.

I got the titanium wrap off ebay, 5 metres is just enough to do the dp.

Link To the one I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-5m-Be...arParts_SM&hash=item4ab0fd9967#ht_1587wt_1174

Nice. The titanium wrap is a good thing to do aswell, great stuff :)

I have a Milltek 3" dp and decat mated to a Piper cat-back and it's a noisey setup but I love it :D

Deleted member 12147

JMS need some info, i rang Pipewerx the other day for quotes but i cant remember what he said for a downpipe and decat? Also he quoted me for this coating too (which i also forgot)...

How comes this system is such a dramatic increase over the Miltek?

Have to say dude, your car looks so well looked after, its good to see there are a few excellent examples left..

Thanks it takes alot of my time trying to keep it looking like this.

From memory the pipewerx dp and decats are £360 delivered but i got mine second hand off ebay for £188. Did they offer ceramic coating or exhaust wrap? Ceramic costs alot more than a roll of £15 heat wrap.

The milltek system had a huge back box which made the system quieter, i now have a custom made back box which was tiny compared to the milltek coupled with the dp and decat I think it sounds just right. Will get a video of it tomorrow.

Deleted member 12147

Nice. The titanium wrap is a good thing to do aswell, great stuff :)

I have a Milltek 3" dp and decat mated to a Piper cat-back and it's a noisey setup but I love it :D

Yeah i've heard yours it sound really good, i'm gonna play with the fueling abit tomoz to see if i can get a few more pops and bangs. I do have my wotbox still fitted but i'm afraid of using it now after the whole bent conrod situation.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Exactly how I felt. I always wanted a more raw noise, don't get me wrong the Milltek cat back could sing on boost but the Piper has a tiny rear silencer in comparison and is loud. It won't suit everyone but it screams!

Going by the size of your new backbox, I can imagine she also sounds the nadgers!!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yeah i've heard yours it sound really good, i'm gonna play with the fueling abit tomoz to see if i can get a few more pops and bangs. I do have my wotbox still fitted but i'm afraid of using it now after the whole bent conrod situation.

Without uprated rods I wouldn't touch the Wot box after seeing what happened to Dan's car on here :(

Cheers mate, I'm sure you will get loads of pops and bangs! Mine goes mental when it's really hot after a good blast :D

Deleted member 12147

Mine went pop aswell because of the wotbox, so i had forged rods fitted at the cost of £800:( I only used it 3 times then bang. But I still don't wanna risk it, i suppose one day i'm gonna have to man up and give it a go again.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Mine went pop aswell, so i had forged rods fitted at the cost of £800:(. But I still don't wanna risk it.

Ouch. That is a standard kinda price though from what I remember Dan saying on his thread.

TBH once the decat is settled in and you've got the fuelling how you want it, you just don't need a wot box mate. It will sound epic I'm sure :)

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Mate I reckon you have a nigh on perfect LCR, one of if not the best OEM+ one on here.

Hats off to you, such an underrated car.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12147

Thanks for the comm, it's pretty much how i want it now, there are a few things I wanna get done like retint the windows finish my iphone dash thing and I think it could do with a professional detail but they cost a fortune.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Details aren't cheap sadly :(

But they do make a hell of a difference. The guy who did mine spent a week on it! I could never do that, lol.

Deleted member 12147

A week! wow, just be my luck i'd get it done and it p*sses down with rain. The one thing i like about platinum though it seem to hide the dirt well.

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Depends on the level of 'detail' mate, paint reading etc is where the money disappears.

I detailed in my year out before teaching and worked at Jaguar, Ferrari and Maserati for my mate who now has contracts in all major Jag dealers. Buy the right stuff and follow the right process and you will get some outstanding results without the price (mine is going to him in a week for both bumpers painted and a full hit... Let's just say what I'm paying wont cover the pot of wax he uses!)

Deleted member 12147

Any info you could give me regarding tools/products needed and the process would be great. I've thought about having a crack myself but i haven't got a clue where to start. Is the basic process to wash, clay bar, use orbital polisher, polish then wax?

Deleted member 12147

Here's a video I took of my exhaust today, not the best as it was done on my phone. I'm gonna borrow a camera from work and get a better vid up.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.