possible best mod eveeeer

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Mine are on there way to me now, mine doesnt have remote boot open just unlock, so will have to get the boot pop bit coded in.

how do you do it on vag-com? Which bit do you go into, its my friend who'll be doing the vag-com & he isn't that clued up with the inner workings of vag-com.

Any help would be much appericated...

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
so folks, out of everybody that has done this so far

what have you guys found to be the most effective combo?? (not too weak, not too strong)

provide links and whether they were used on FL / PRE FL

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Cool mod :)

I'm feeling brave, going to try and see if I can do this to my Ibiza mk4 and my parents 2003 A6. My Ibiza doesn't pop when I press the boot button, so I may have to look into VCDS coding. The A6 does pop the boot, so I'm thinking for that, just the Scirocco bumpers and some stronger struts will do the trick.

Going to be a lot more awkward on my Ibiza by the looks of it, I don't even know if it's possible to code it as required.

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Right my struts have arrived, im going to try fitting them, then coding the boot pop to see if that works before I order the scirocco boot stops....

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
anybody any insight then on which ones are working well on the prefacelift? i was going to order the above ones but somebody was saying the facelift ones are longer??

Roganjosh

Jan 1, 2013
or he noticed theres a need for them with increased orders and realised people must be using them for more than just replacing faulty ones so wacked the prices up lol

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Well did my boot pop yesterday, thanks toMJ for sorting the Vag-com side of it, the struts took about 5mins to fit, cut my fingers on the tight spring clips thou!!!

In the end i didnt need the sicrocco bump stops, mine ( 08 57 plate ) flys up fine with out them.a little harder to close the boot but to be expected as the struts are lot more pressure.