Power fold mirror retrofit

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
Hi

I've fitted power fold mirrors to my 2017 Ibiza, set all the codings but it looks like I either need to get new window motors or program my existing ones. I know mine are able to be coded but I can't seem to find out how in my obd11

Any help or advice be appreciated

Thanks
John

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
Ok so I've made progress with the retrofit, only done one side at the moment, other than getting the door card off which I seem to find a right pain, even after doing it 5 times. The job itself is pretty straight forward.

I needed 2 new mirrors, new switch and in the end 2 new door modules, was hoping I didn't need them but all told bits cost £150. If you wanted you could get 2 new looms but having a bit of wiring diagrams understanding and doing a bit on vauxhall I decided to add the wires myself.

You need 2 from mirror to motor and 1 from switch to drivers motor.

When I do the n/s one I'll take some pictures.

So I've added drivers side wires, switch and swapped the window motor/module.

I thought I would be able to reprogram the module but there are lots of electronic bits different inside, my inquisitiveness got the better of me.

Anyway the end result is a power fold mirror that folds when locking the car and unfolds when you turn ignition, these were activated with obd11 as per a guide on here.

If anyone is interested I can answer questions

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
what is the door module?

as of curiosity in the Seat Ibiza pre facelift the power fold mirrors seems to be controlled by the window motor, at least once I fitted the wrong motor and it affected the power fold mirrors

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
Ok so unfortunately I didn't have a chance to do pictures of doing passenger side as I did it in my lunch break, I have to say was far easier than the drivers side, mainly down to the fact drivers side been off before and whoever had took it off butchered it. Anyway that's another story.

I did the same for n/s almost........door card off complete with regulator and loom, just needed disconnect from mirror and a post. Then instead of swapping window motor/module over I just swapped the little control box over as it just clips into motor, Added 2 extra wires from motor connection to mirror connection, taped them all nicely together. Refitted and tested and hey presto mirrors close on lock and open on ignition.

Took about 3 to 4 hours on drivers side and 45 mins on passenger side, all because of that damaged trim.

Really easy mod in the end and one I don't think is too expensive.

If anyone has any questions feel free and I'll do my best to help

Parts I've used, mine car is a 66 plate 2017, you may be able to use different motors but they will need to come from a car with powerfold mirrors

Mirror switch with fold logo 6J2959565 AT7
Os window motor 6R0959802EC
Ns window motor 6R0959801EB

and a pair of power fold mirrors

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.