Quaife Atb Differential

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
With which modifications will you be making 350bhp bud?

Sticky back plastic and some toilet rolls.

Seriously though if you want an extra 20bhp, use Regals rolling road. Last time I went there for a rolling road day every car was 20bhp over what it should have been. But Regal insisted it was right!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Will be interesting to see the r/r plot with those mods and APR code. Other cars with the same mods and code did not even make 310bhp.

One thing is for sure - going back to the OP and point in this thread - a diff would be worthwhile on your car with that power.

Last edited:

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Are you saying the APR code isn't as good as others?
Or that the fuel pump doesn't make that much difference?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Are you saying the APR code isn't as good as others?
Or that the fuel pump doesn't make that much difference?

Not saying that APR code is not as good as others mate. However the cars with APR code seem to make lower figures than cars with the likes of Revo or GIAC.

The fuel pump gets rid of flat spots created by the ecu when delivered fuel does not meet the request for fuel due to limitations of the standard pump. For safety, the ECU pulls back boost to stop the engine running lean.

The uprated pumps are very worthwhile and gives a good chance to check on cam follower and cam lobe wear.

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
We will see that what kind of power figures can APR software delivery for my cupra with these mods. Diff would be very good mod, but maybe I install that later when my clutch says farewell :p

Al

Aug 29, 2005
We will see that what kind of power figures can APR software delivery for my cupra with these mods. Diff would be very good mod, but maybe I install that later when my clutch says farewell :p

310bhp or thereabouts ;)

Take a look at the various r/r days that have been done. Several Ed30's and Cupras with APR code, full exhausts and uprated intakes barely make it over 300bhp when a car with a GIAC/Revo map alone make very slightly more. Also, Revo cars with full exhausts are making 320bhp. Add a decent intake to get closer 330bhp on the same r/r same day as the Stage 2 APR cars.

APR outputs are very smooth and progressive, but they are obviously designed with component longevity in mind as cars with a revo/giac remap alone produce higher peak bhp and ft-lb figures than an APR car with full exhaust and pump/intake upgrade. Naturally the APR car would be far better to drive across the rev range than a car with a remap alone, but with the same modifications, Revo and GIAC cars make higher numbers and also have fairly nice power and torque curves.

Power is nothing without control though, and no doubt a standard Cupra with a diff would keep with a APR/Revo/GIAC car with no diff round a track down to ability to deliver power and not waste it through wheelspin or poor grip/traction.

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Definately investing in a diff when I have the clutch done. The feed back on here is really good. A fairly expensive mod but from the response it seams the difference it makes is woth the cash

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
310bhp or thereabouts ;)

Take a look at the various r/r days that have been done. Several Ed30's and Cupras with APR code, full exhausts and uprated intakes barely make it over 300bhp when a car with a GIAC/Revo map alone make very slightly more. Also, Revo cars with full exhausts are making 320bhp. Add a decent intake to get closer 330bhp on the same r/r same day as the Stage 2 APR cars.

APR outputs are very smooth and progressive, but they are obviously designed with component longevity in mind as cars with a revo/giac remap alone produce higher peak bhp and ft-lb figures than an APR car with full exhaust and pump/intake upgrade. Naturally the APR car would be far better to drive across the rev range than a car with a remap alone, but with the same modifications, Revo and GIAC cars make higher numbers and also have fairly nice power and torque curves.

Power is nothing without control though, and no doubt a standard Cupra with a diff would keep with a APR/Revo/GIAC car with no diff round a track down to ability to deliver power and not waste it through wheelspin or poor grip/traction.

Yes you are right about that OEM cupra with diff could win remaped cupra on a racetrack. I'm waiting to see what kind of powerlevels I could get with W/M system and 104RON Race Program. Diff would be more than must :p

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yes you are right about that OEM cupra with diff could win remaped cupra on a racetrack. I'm waiting to see what kind of powerlevels I could get with W/M system and 104RON Race Program. Diff would be then more than must :p

You must have a nice fuelling bill if you plan to run it on 104RON all the time. By the way, what fuel are you using? BP102 is the highest I have seen short of race fuel.

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
You must have a nice fuelling bill if you plan to run it on 104RON all the time. By the way, what fuel are you using? BP102 is the highest I have seen short of race fuel.

There is a higher rating fuels example. http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp_01_fuels.html#leaded

I'm not planning to use RaceFuel. I'm planning to use 50/50 Water and methanol mix with racefile. I'm also planning to use Toluene, which is quite easy way to upgrade your octane rating. :p

leonGR

ProDriver
Dec 7, 2006
Athens, Greece
i advice you to see this company for the clutch i have bought from them alaminum light weight for my cupra 2001 model and its better than the current clutch of the new cupra its amazing brand http://www.specclutch.com/ i advice u to take it from flywheel and clutch plate and clutch plate presure

Would you know if stage 2+ would be the best for street and occasionally road track use? I don"t want to lose the ease of driving in Greek traffic and would want the clutch to last with 335-350 bhp with corresponding torque levels...

Thanks...

k04

take my advice and send them email as i did and i was satisfied 100% from there service email this person on what u want to do and he advice u more [email protected]

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
310bhp or thereabouts ;)

got to agree there. take a look a zboyds figures for example.
he has 300 brake available from mid range right up to the limiter, which for everyday driving on public roads is much more usable.

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
bump!

Any updates or experiences of LSD ? :)

I'm going to order Quaife 02Q LSD soon and also upgrading clutch/flywheel setup, but all before/after experiences and "vibes" about LSD are welcome :p

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
Im going for a Peloquin Diff in the next month or so hopefully :)

Nice ;) Could I ask, that where are you going to buy that peloquin diff and what kind of pricetag ? .. Is there some kind of benefits over the Quaife diff etc ?...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members