Quick: Can I Put An Oil Breather Filter On This Pipe?

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
Hey guys,

Replacing the air inlet pipe today (the 3" one) with a stainless steel one -

Two pipes connect to the air inlet system, one from the idle vlave - that goes into the pipercross induction kit, the second pipe is smaller, made from hard plastic and goes into the bend of the 3" rubber air pipe.

So is it ok, to whack the universal oil breather type filters onto both of these pipes or do i have to plumb in either of them?
BREATHER -
Ebay link to oil breather

pipework.jpg

Cheers guys - btw these sexy as Stainless steel inlet pipes will soon be available to buy, i will post photos when i get it done.

Cheers

Greg

Last edited:

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
the one from the idle valve should be ok with just a small filter on it.

but the other one is the crank case breather pipe, and vents the oil vapour etc back into the inlet manifold. You'd be best off fitting an oil catch tank on this pipe, and then fitting a small filter on the outlet of the catch tank.... the catch tank will allow any oil to collect, and then vent off the air.

If you fit a filter straight onto the crank case breather pipe, you will find it'll clog up pretty quick with oily gunk, and will then become a possible fire hazard ;)

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
3000*2000 jesus, sorry yeah i hadnt noticed - i am designer so i have a work horse PC

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.