Random1989's Mk4 Ibiza FR

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Just found this! Great work with the FMIC, just what I want to do to mine really. Super effort. Let us know how it performs.

There is a little more lag now as the cooler is that much bigger than the standard SMIC. Also your pipework looks a larger diameter than standard so this will not help with lag either.

Last edited:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
I thought the point of the inter-cooler was to have no lag and make the car quicker?

The main aim is to cool the air more than the OEM cooler, so reducing intake temps and making more power. If you put in longer pipework and a bigger core intercooler, you will get a little more lag. Its like going big turbo... you get more power but invariably a little more lag!

Jun 21, 2008
Wolverhampton
The main aim is to cool the air more than the OEM cooler, so reducing intake temps and making more power. If you put in longer pipework and a bigger core intercooler, you will get a little more lag. Its like going big turbo... you get more power but invariably a little more lag!

i thought it gives more reliable power ie, power remains the same as heatsoak is reduced, rather than outright extra power.
there shouldnt be more lag really. i notice with the smic that after prolonged harder driving, you can feel the car feeling like it has less to give due to the warmer air.

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
all i hear from everyone is its the best mod you can buy. gets the power down better put when i will off the hard you can feel the engine rooming

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
seems brilliant but i wont be totally happy till i see it on a dyno and engine mount is now fitted and feels alot better now vibration wise can only feel difference when starting the engine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise