rear wheel bearing hub

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
to cut a long story short..

Bought my car with OZ superleggas 17" which have spacers on the rear

The previous owner left the standard wheel bolts which are way to small, i only turn them twice and they are tight which leaves my car worrying to drive!

The rear hubs have damage to the threads from these wheel bolts so i need to replace them

i will be buying the correct bolts from OZ this week, but need to change the hubs too

Is there any other car i can use the rear hubs off??
as i cant find any mk3 cupra ones for sale

Local breakers has a mk4 golf but they are 5 stud iirc?

Cheers

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
sorry to jump on this but im replacing my rear stub axle (drivers side) - would i need to change the bearings as well? its slightly bent when i had tracking down so sends the front slightly off

thanks

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
I'm not sure that you'd HAVE to change the bearing, you can remove it first.. but what bent your axle, and in what way does it send the front off? I ask because my car is pulling to the right slightly, despite toe&camber etc being perfect.........!

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
I'm not sure that you'd HAVE to change the bearing, you can remove it first.. but what bent your axle, and in what way does it send the front off? I ask because my car is pulling to the right slightly, despite toe&camber etc being perfect.........!

well i dont know what bent it - maybe one one or two pot holes - lol

i had my tracking done (4 wheel) and the fronts are ok - ever so slightly off but not enough to cause my car to steer left as it does - back right wheel showing as not being straight basically and the guy said its either my axle that is bent on that side or the stub axel - so going with stub axle as its the smalled thing to change so thinking would it be worth changing my bearing as well -

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.