Remote unlocking not working

May 24, 2021
Hi there got a bit of a strange issue with my seat altea xl and was wondering if anyone could help me.
The remote key fob doesn't unlock any of the car doors from the remote key fob, but it does lock them all when I press the lock button. I'm having to resort to inserting the key into the drivers door to unlock the car (even then its just the drivers door that unlocks - no others will unlock). I then have to put the key into the ignition and unlock the rest of the car doors using the unlock button next to the handbrake. Sometimes after locking the car using the key fob it will sound it's alarm and I have to open the car (manually by inserting the key into the door) and then by inserting the key into the ignition - which will eventually stop the alarm from going off.

I've changed the batteries in the key fob and also checked the fuses which are fine, but this hasn't solved the issue - any ideas of what to try next???

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Hi - remote locking is a common fault with these, we had it on ours. If you have a search in this forum you'll see lots have had this issue. It's a trip to a dealer job I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Scott

May 24, 2021
Hi Scott, thanks for the help, can't quite see any threads with a similar issue - have you got a link?

Many thanks once again,

Lucas

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members