reseting ecu

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
ive had a search and it may be a stupid question but how do you do it, ive just replace the maf on the little ladys golf and read its worth resetting the ecu.

cheers

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
You only have to disconnect the -ve terminal and for about 20-30 mins.
Have your radio code handy or aftermarket instructions to sort your presets out ;)
Once connected back up turn the ignition so that the dash lights are on and leave for about 5mins or until all quiet from under the bonnet. Can't remember what is happening but it whines for a few mins.
Then you can start the car as normal.

Oops didn't read it was for the Golf but I'm sure it will be similar.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
sorry guys but i think that 3-5 minute throttle reset doesnt work, only through VAGcom.....

nev,....its not been said, the engine needs to be warmed up then disconnect the battery..when all connected back up, as allan said turn ignition to first position...now you have to make the car re learn everything.fold in mirrors then fold out, turn climate control on, then off, electric windows up down (the one touch function takes 5 or so up and downs to relearn).....now you can blast the seven shads out of it.....(thats why you pre warm her..)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i know one guy local has a rally style battery shut off switch under the bonnet for just the purpose as he does it so often

his words 'saves time messing with it when i get it back off the mrs for the weekend :) '

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.