reseting the ECU

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
the standard procedure would be to remove the battery terminals and leave it for about 20 mins........it is worth it as you may have old codes stored in the ecu that may want clearing??

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Yup just disconnect the terminals on top of the battery and leave it for about 20minutes. :)

Where abouts in oxford you from mate?

David.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Nope its all fine mate ive litterlly just done it, it does wipe out your trip and you need to adjust your clock date etc... but as you proberly know i just discounnected my MAF and the managment light was on so disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and hopfully it cleard the fault code but the light certinatly has gone ;)

David.

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Tom theres no radio code since you cant nick the mk3 radio ;)

the only real purpose for doing so is to knock off the cel light and perform TB alignment

And also reset REVO (if you have it), mine definatly boosts harder for a week or two after a reset. IIRC you get the same affect if you disable then re enable REVO via SPS.

Last edited:

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I know westie, drink with him in the pub if hes there, Hows the car going? wasnt it for sale on ebay not so long ago?

David.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Yeh i think he was talking about getting a leon cupra R, he was also talking about an evo8 when i said i was going k03s, Mine could be better at the moment just got a minor boost issue but should be sorted by the end of the week after some logging etc...

David.

hoops

Jan 17, 2007
oxfordshire
iv just renew the n75 valve because of over boostin weather u try that? na im going to keep the seat for a while, when people talk about going to a ko3s is that a strait swop or is ther more to it?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
you have to have all the add on`s FMIC 4bar fpr bigger DP and Cat forge/samco TIP and a stage2 or custom remap. As it stands i just need k03s and a stage2 revo as my DP and race cat are in the post! You looking to go stage 2?

Dont suppose you have vag come do you?

David.

How much was the N75?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members