Resetting Mileage on dials...

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
I've just bought some new clocks with a rev counter to replace with my old boring dials,
the mileage is at 98000 on them but my car has only done 44000...

Is there anyway I can adjust them to match my cars mileage myself?
if not does anyone know of anyone that can change it in the Nottingham/Derby area?

Thanks

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
yes they are:

P270509_1252.jpg

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks, but do you know around how much they'll charge?

That's the kind of thing I'm looking for, but they're in London, I need someone that can do it in my area preferbly...I'll give them a call anyway to see how much they charge because I could always send the dials to them...

i doubt you can just send the dials, EEPROM will be done through the ECU, so unless you send all the ECU's/dials mate!

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
hmm :( difficult one by the sounds of it... I was ok, about 500 miles out on the new ones. (500 miles more on the newer ones). Have you found anywhere yet mate?

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
yeap, turned some petrol dails into diesel ones (ie rev counter was wrong when fitted petrol dails to my car) also it swaped the milage and ther service info.
I all did was to swap the the eeprom ie desoldered it and refitted the new one, its on a 8 dil chip but it is double sided print so you need to know what you are doing or you will pull a track up.

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
aah ok, so do you think that could work from changing my normal dials to the gti ones with the rev counter?
take the eeprom from the old ones and add it to the new? thanks

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
yeap should be fine, it will swap the milage with no problems at all, i messed around with about 5 sets of clocks to check it was all ok before I did it on my main set.