Resetting service indicator?

AN06DRW

Now You SEAT Now You Dont
Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi

does ayoneknow how to reset the service indicator on the arosa? is it someting that can be done easily or does it need the VaGcom? sorry if this is a re-post but i couldn't see anything when i searched.

Thanks

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
very easy, goes something like this:

Turn off car
Hold down trip reset (right button)
Turn on ignition until dash lights up
Wait for diplay to flash
Relese button and turn off car

Its some combination of that anyway, just keep fiddling and it'll go away :)

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
The SEAT owners manual for the Arosa states:

With the ignition switched off, press and hold the trip meter reset button below the speedometer.

Then, switch the ignition on and hold the reset button for atleast 10 sconds. Dashes will then appear in the display.

The service has been reset.

*next step advised by me*

Go for a pint or swift half ;)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Is that it !!! :-o
Mine has been on for ages and I just havent had the time to take it in for a service but, Im sure I could manage that - all I need to do now is find that trip thingie !!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Im such a retard !!! That thing has been blinking at me for a month now, slowly driving me mad and its taken me 2 seconds to nip to my car barefoot and sort it out :doh:

AN06DRW

Now You SEAT Now You Dont
Sep 19, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Excellent thanks guys oil change at the weekend. Dealer stamped the book for me cause i bought the parts from them so saved my sis the labour not that i'll get any thanks :p

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
Glad some use has come of this post, im still amazed people don't know it states in the owners manual how to reset the service light ;)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Just found it in mine along with other information. I have a spare owners manual I think Nic, do you need one ?

Mhippo

Just found it in mine along with other information. I have a spare owners manual I think Nic, do you need one ?

I know this was from ages ago, but do you happen to still have that spare manual? Mine didn't come with one! :(

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Is it just the manual you need or do you need a wallet type thingie too ? I have got the manual and a yellow/red folder thingie too. If you want it just say :D and its yours !

Mhippo

You or GG, I don't mind! But if you could send me the manual GG i'd be very happy indeed! And a wallet too! What more could a girl want?!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
You or GG, I don't mind! But if you could send me the manual GG i'd be very happy indeed! And a wallet too! What more could a girl want?!

I will wrap it all up and find out how much its going to cost in postage, if its not too much I will send it to you. Will let you know by friday :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.