Rev counter

G223

Dec 6, 2007
OK ive hit a problem
oil pressure warning light is constantly flashing
30 seconds pass and then the coolant light flashes
rev counter does not function properly, sits at zero then moves up to 500rpm when car reved but drops to zero when ideling

any suggestions are greatly appriaciated thanks, will

polo clockset are 10/5/96
original clockset are 06/06/96
if that helps

thanks

Last edited:

dirtbiker

Dec 28, 2006
Southampton / Nottingham
Sounds a bit like the problems I had when I fitted the pre-facelift dials to my facelift, you may just have to try another set (maybe some newer ones)

Not much else to suggest really, sorry!

G223

Dec 6, 2007
damn, ahh well ill just have to try again, head out to a scrapyard and look for one after christmas then, thanks for your help anyway

G223

Dec 6, 2007
sorry to drag this up again but wheres the rev sensor on the 1.9D 1Y engines?, i have a funny feeling that the rev sensor and the oil pressure sensor that the dash uses is different to that which the car has(if it has the rev sensor) my mechanic mate told me the looms probably there but thers no chance the sensor is there

and would the fact that the original part number starts with 6K0 and the new one starts with 6N0 have anything to do with the faults?

I just want to knoe that i did everything possible to get the new dash to work before i go looking for more parts.

alb

Jul 3, 2007
Sheffield
Hi M0rk,

I've been trying to contact you through the PM system for a while, but i donth think that they have been being delivered as i haven't had a reply yet.
Just wanting to check if you have had chance to get the rev counter in the post yet? I havn't recieved any delivery cards from royal mail, so just wondered if i had missed it.

Cheers,
Dan

thewilfmeister

pro: ibiza ready by usc!
Feb 24, 2007
peterborough
hey just to let anyone know if they want a rev counter that'll fit in there ibiza i have a set of clocks.

used to have the ol clock in the dash but changed it for the rev countered one.
now i've stripped out the motor im gonna be using fancy LED clocks on the pillar and on a fabricated plate so dont need em anymore!!

jojob

hey just to let anyone know if they want a rev counter that'll fit in there ibiza i have a set of clocks.

used to have the ol clock in the dash but changed it for the rev countered one.
now i've stripped out the motor im gonna be using fancy LED clocks on the pillar and on a fabricated plate so dont need em anymore!!

tempting.. do you know if its possible to change just the clock and the rev counter over? instead of messing up the milage as i dont really wanna have to pay to make sure its properly set? or is there a free way to do it?
Thanks

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
an eeprom is the electronic memory within the clcok set, it can be desoldered and refiited to another set of clocks.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise