Status
Not open for further replies.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Wow Rob, never thought I'd see this day coming, after all the years and hours of dedication you put in. Definitely one of the best Leons around, and a fair few firsts were seen on your car too- pretty obviously your pride and joy :)

Totally understand your reasons for selling though - in reply to your other thread if I won the lottery I'd gladly give you the £££ for a new car, save you having to sell up.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Easy - I don't want to see it wrapped round a tree and some young guy dead because he couldn't handle 350bhp through the front wheels. It needs someone experienced and responsible enough to treat it with respect.

There's not that big a gap from an 18yr old to a 21yr old lol. Age has nothing to do with how you can drive.

It's your car at the end of the day I suppose.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
If I was to break my car for the parts, how much do people think things are worth?

I mean the Backdraft Garrett GT2860RS turbo kit costs over £4700 new! What's it worth with 3k miles on it? £2500?

The rebuilt engine with forged rods, ARP, ported head, inconel exhaust valves, fluidampr pulley, Helix flywheel and clutch, SEM manifold, 70mm TB. £2000? I've seen standard engines for sale for £1500.

The 6-speed gearbox with the Quaife ATB diff in it? What's that worth? Diff cost £600 plus £400 fitting.

KW V2 coilovers, cost over £800 new? Tarox 6-pot big brake kit, cost £1895 new!

RobDon

Pro Detailer
This is my thinking, there are alot of expensive parts on the car. TBH it wouldn't bother me too much breaking it, if I knew I'd get really good money for the parts and they'd all sell fairly quickly.

I can't advertise the parts for sale on here though eh!

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
I lost my Mum, 3 months ago now and someone said to me don't make any big decisions for 6 to 12 months, I think they are right, if you need the money then you have no option, but I think if you have some time sit back and ponder this decision?

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
This is my thinking, there are alot of expensive parts on the car. TBH it wouldn't bother me too much breaking it, if I knew I'd get really good money for the parts and they'd all sell fairly quickly.

I can't advertise the parts for sale on here though eh!

Well if you don't mind doing it, I would do it.

IMO your target audience is somewhat reduced with the lack for parts for sale section on this forum, although ED38 have a popular for sale section as do PH. Worst case is the bay?

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I am seriously considering yes. I mean if got just the engine, gearbox and turbo kit sold that would give me enough money to buy a decent car, then I could sell the rest at my leisure.

All I could do on here is ask people to PM or email me if they are interested in any of the parts from my car? I don't know if the mods on here would allow me to list the parts I'd be looking to sell? I doubt it, but I could always email people a list and prices.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
I am seriously considering yes. I mean if got just the engine, gearbox and turbo kit sold that would give me enough money to buy a decent car, then I could sell the rest at my leisure.

All I could do on here is ask people to PM or email me if they are interested in any of the parts from my car? I don't know if the mods on here would allow me to list the parts I'd be looking to sell? I doubt it, but I could always email people a list and prices.

I wish you the best of luck in selling the car in whichever way you choose but I would be suprised if one rule applied to you and another to the rest of the forum.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Thanks. Having roughly totalled up what I think everything on the car is worth second hand, it comes to around £9,000 so I'll have to seriously consider breaking it! Even if someone bought the car for £7k, they would make money on it if they broke it!

We'll see eh! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.