Run in new clutch and dmf?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I'm having a new clutch kit and dual mass flywheel fitted to my car this week, just wondering if i need to do anything in particular to make sure it beds in ok? I've never had to replace a clutch on a car (let alone on only 34k [:@]) so not got a clue tbh.

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I would give it a few 100 miles before nailing it. Plenty of gear changes, so pick a nice cross country route.

Then take car of this clutch and fly. Limit the amount of traffic light GP's, do not floor the throttle in 4th, 5th, 6th below 2500rpm.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
I would give it a few 100 miles before nailing it. Plenty of gear changes, so pick a nice cross country route.

Then take car of this clutch and fly. Limit the amount of traffic light GP's, do not floor the throttle in 4th, 5th, 6th below 2500rpm.

You clearly don't know Ross :lol:

You don;t need to run in a clutch, but it makes sense to take it easy for the first wee while

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
My Sachs Organic took ~ 1000Miles to bed in on it's own. I didn't really do much different. My PD130 bedded in a lot quicker though. Take note of the tips suggested above and you'll be fine.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland

Knew somebody would suggest i was ragging it lol :rolleyes:

So basically, just take it easy for the first 500 miles or so.

Joshh

Jan 29, 2011
I drove steady for about 10 miles lol I'm just far more aware now not to labour below 1.5k and to boot it over 2k ish :)

SimonTemplar

I've just had a new Sachs pressure plate, clutch and DMF fitted with release bearing.

I've only done 26 miles of town driving and it's still juddering when pulling away in first and get the odd wiff of cabbage.

I hope it won't take around 1000 miles for it all to bed in!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshh

Jan 29, 2011
Do you find it any different now to drive?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Yes mate although I had a new gearbox too lol. No chatter from the fly anymore and clutch was light and smooth, I had the concentric cylinder or whatever it is replaced too as I used to get a very heavy clutch clutching in from 6th

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Yes mate although I had a new gearbox too lol. No chatter from the fly anymore and clutch was light and smooth, I had the concentric cylinder or whatever it is replaced too as I used to get a very heavy clutch clutching in from 6th

Slave cylinder? I'm sure I'm getting a new on of those too. Hopefully, mine will feel better as well, will find out later today

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
you can also replace the lines with ss braided ones.

havent upgraded mine, but a friend did.

Dont think its necessary but...oh well ... cant stop ugrading stuff

spud31

Rail Zip User
Jul 14, 2011
luk an sachs technical told me both same thing, Dont sit in traffic with foot on clutch as this overheats the flywheel making the grease go thin.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members