SatNAV AUX input lead

PilotWoo

I have a Toledo V5 with standard fit Blaupunkt Sat Nav. I've noticed there is an AUX input of the back of the head unit. Does anyone know where I can get a lead to connect to this. I'm looking to feed it audio from an ipod.

Dave

staffuk

May 28, 2001
UK
Visit site
Hi

I bought a Dietz1213 for my V5. The VAG01AUX lead also works which some car hifi stores stock. It works great and plugs in the aux port and gives you two phono plugswhich you can then plug a phono to 3.5 mm lead into. You can't control the mp3 player from the headunit but it is a cheap option and for me works really well. You just select aux on the headunit.

I paid £22 for mine from satnavsystems.com which I found was the cheapest and the service was great.

Hope this helps

Mertian

staffuk said:
Hi

I bought a Dietz1213 for my V5. The VAG01AUX lead also works which some car hifi stores stock. It works great and plugs in the aux port and gives you two phono plugswhich you can then plug a phono to 3.5 mm lead into. You can't control the mp3 player from the headunit but it is a cheap option and for me works really well. You just select aux on the headunit.

I paid £22 for mine from satnavsystems.com which I found was the cheapest and the service was great.

Hope this helps

I've been looking into this, but have been put off as the head unit appears to require a non stadard tool to remove it. Can you advice on what you did/where you got the tool from?

Thanks

Martin

staffuk

May 28, 2001
UK
Visit site
I got my tools from satnavsystems.com at the same time as ordering the lead. I think they were a bit pricy though at £13 and I am sure you can get them cheaper through e-bay. But I wanted ot make sure I got the right ones.

Hope this helps

Mertian

Thanks again. Last question for you. How have you routed the leads? Into the glove box? under the heater controls? Do you have any pictures?

staffuk

May 28, 2001
UK
Visit site
I just routed the cable down from the sat nav unit and then under the heater controls out on top of the ash tray. I have a phone holder attached there and the mp3 player just sits in there and the lead plugs in. It was really simple to do.

Mertian

Excelent. Thanks for all your help on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.