Seat Connect

Happy Ant

Jun 9, 2023
I have a Seat Leon FR 2023 (I think its a MK4) and I have the seat connect app on my Readmi note 9s phone.
But although it is connected via Bluetooth, when I try to use the sat nav on my phone and connect to the car sat nav I get a message on my phone stating:
This online service is deactivated in your vehicle, please activate this service in your vehicle'
But I do not know what to do as it is already connected
Any help please?

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
The Leon's and Formentor's are very similar in this. They have an eSIM buried in the infotainment / telephone system that connect to the Internet. A new car will come with just 1 year free connection (well, here in the UK they do). Look for the world globe top right of the infotainment screen. If not connected it will be greyed out. If you are still within the first year then it could be the system hasn't got a good mobile connection to the servers. Many people have had problems like this. If it's over 1 year old you can pay for more data on your cars eSIM but it is ridiculously expensive.

The best thing to do is create a mobile hotspot in your phone and connect your car to it. So your mobile phone will be connected to your car via Bluetooth and WiFi. Your car will then connect to the Internet via your mobile. It will of course use your data but it shouldn't use a lot.

I'm not familiar with your mobile phone so I can't help you there, but I have mine set up so it automatically connects the WiFi hotspot to the car as soon as I start it up. I use a routine like this:
Screenshot_20230625_132652_Modes and Routines.jpg

It works every time without any problems. Take a look at this thread too:

I hope this helps.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
The Leon's and Formentor's are very similar in this. They have an eSIM buried in the infotainment / telephone system that connect to the Internet. A new car will come with just 1 year free connection (well, here in the UK they do). Look for the world globe top right of the infotainment screen. If not connected it will be greyed out. If you are still within the first year then it could be the system hasn't got a good mobile connection to the servers. Many people have had problems like this. If it's over 1 year old you can pay for more data on your cars eSIM but it is ridiculously expensive.

The best thing to do is create a mobile hotspot in your phone and connect your car to it. So your mobile phone will be connected to your car via Bluetooth and WiFi. Your car will then connect to the Internet via your mobile. It will of course use your data but it shouldn't use a lot.

I'm not familiar with your mobile phone so I can't help you there, but I have mine set up so it automatically connects the WiFi hotspot to the car as soon as I start it up. I use a routine like this:
View attachment 37238

It works every time without any problems. Take a look at this thread too:

I hope this helps.
He's created a double post and is actually on about the Seat phone app, which won't work without buying a package for the car.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Really? So you can use your phone as a WiFi hotspot in Cupras but not in Seats? :wtf:

Again, it's nothing to do with how the car gets data but if you've paid for the Seat app to work at all. The OP says the car is deactivated so the app won't work.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Again, it's nothing to do with how the car gets data but if you've paid for the Seat app to work at all. The OP says the car is deactivated so the app won't work.
Ah OK, looks like I got the wrong end of the stick there.

I thought the app was activated within the app itself not within the car? ""please activate this service in your vehicle"". I renewed my Cupra Connect service from the app, not the car.

Also reading the posts in the OP's duplicate thread, I do agree that the app is most useful for Hybrid users like myself. Outside of charging I only use it to set up destinations for the onboard Satnav. Looks like this is what the OP wants to do.

Reactions: BoomerBoom

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
It does have a couple of other benefits (up to date maps automatically downloaded etc) as well. As mentioned though, if you use CarPlay or Android Auto it’s mostly a moot point.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise