seat cupra tdi - police siren type noises???!!

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
recently i've noticed that my car is starting to sound like a police siren when pressing the accelerator. Is this anything i need to be worried about? i had it serviced 3000 miles ago (30k service) and the car has been remapped for over 20k miles without any problems so far...

help!!!!!!!! :cry:

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
nope, it could be ticking over and soon as i slightly press it then it starts...

i never kept my tdi sport for more than 20k miles so I'm not sure if its just the car or parts starting to settle in ??

then again it could be some how linked to me ripping the **** out of the engine racing muppets in corsa's ?

either way the problem appears to be here to stay.....

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
i just give them a head start to tease then blast them..........:whistle:

my mate said it could be something to do with bearings or oil change.... but who knows??!!!!!!

obviously most important thing that concerns me is if its critical and needs to be looked at cos something is bust.

secondly - it is proving to be slightly annoying!:rolleyes:

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
when i first got mine, i thought i heard a siren, however after muting the stereo i released it was my car...ive never had a turbo b4, so i just put it down to the turbo whistling or sumthin

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
Could be a broken turbo vain,I have replaced a few turbos for this noise. Best get it checked out.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
with out sounding like a retard u sure its not coming through ur speakers?? cos thats a common fault for a dodgy earth. u get a siren noise which is rev and speed related that comes through ur speakers :)

Smee

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Does it excessively smoke?

I'm with Matt Riley, it might be a turbo issue. I've seen many shattered impellers on turbos due to overboosting. Turn the remap off and get it to a dealer, thats what warranty's for ;)

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
i have noticed that you can here the noise as a humm when ticking over, when you rev the engine at any rpm you can hear a high pitched sound that also changes with the rpm rate.

would it be a turbo related problem even at revs so low, i didnt think turbo kicked in at that early on.

the remap i got does make it smoke quite badly when ripping it up....

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
well i have to put my hands up and say i dont have a clue as im crap with cars!!

could it be something real simple like a hose somewhere?

used to have a simlar annoying sound on a vectra - turned out to be something to do with power steering system when you turned the wheel!!

hope its not my turbo - dont want to mess about un mapping then remapping again :cry:

anyone from southwales area wanna take a gander - free drink or two in it :p

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
could be a leaky hose or slighty spilt i've had both and it made a siren noise then under boot heavy soot.

i have uprated clips and sealed my pipe system fully, changed some for silicone... smoke was reduced alot.

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
could be a leaky hose or slighty spilt i've had both and it made a siren noise then under boot heavy soot.

i have uprated clips and sealed my pipe system fully, changed some for silicone... smoke was reduced alot.

like the sound of that - dont know where to start though!!

any chance of a few pics ? what was the cost of the hose and clips out of curiosity?

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
just tried to drive car - its sounding real loud and has a strange whistle with it now when going to about 1.5k rpm. does this big trouble? mechanic said it could be something to do with bearing starved of oil?

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
could be the turbo mine got changed at 20,000 if it is whining and goes into limp mode...your in trouble...might just be hose off....hows the smoke?