Seat leon fr tyre help

Aug 3, 2021
Hi, hope everyones having a good xmas,
(new to this)
I have recently picked up a set of seat cupra 19" alloys,
its for my seat leon fr 1.5 mk3.5 2019

can anyone recommend the right tyre size for me?
i was looking through and was going to settle with eagle f1, i do quite abit of mile, say a good 15-18k+ a year, would these last a decent amount of time,
a friend of mine recommended Churchill as they lasted long for him when he owned one and got a good 20k+ mileage out of them...

would i go for 235/35/r19 or 245/40/r19
thanks in advance

Last edited:

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Definitely 235/35/19 in size of your lowered or plan on lowering. Make of tyre is upto you as everyone has different expectations for tyres and different things they want from a tyre etc. I’ve got good year f1 on my black Leon and they seem to be a very good road tyre I have no complaints. Each to there own with tyres as everyone has there own recommendations when it comes to tyres.

Aug 3, 2021
Definitely 235/35/19 in size of your lowered or plan on lowering. Make of tyre is upto you as everyone has different expectations for tyres and different things they want from a tyre etc. I’ve got good year f1 on my black Leon and they seem to be a very good road tyre I have no complaints. Each to there own with tyres as everyone has there own recommendations when it comes to tyres.
No really planning to lower tbh… should I have gone bigger or..?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Churchill are a budget brand are they not

The reason tyres these last forever is because they offer no grip at all.

Goodyear Eagles are a nice grippy tyre but for grip you lose longevity.

Cannot have everything i suppose.

I would certainly pick a tyre from a decent brand if it were my choice

Aug 3, 2021
No 235/35/19 is the perfect size the cupra R mk2 had that size form factory mate.
Mines mk 3.5
factory mines had 17inch I think it was.
ive bought the 235/35/19. Was just contemplating on the above comment. Am thinking they might be small. If they fine then I’ll leave as is.
Just got them quiet cheap( Halfords deal over the weekend) and the deals done now….

Aug 3, 2021
Churchill are a budget brand are they not

The reason tyres these last forever is because they offer no grip at all.

Goodyear Eagles are a nice grippy tyre but for grip you lose longevity.

Cannot have everything i suppose.

I would certainly pick a tyre from a decent brand if it were my choice
I went for bridge stone potenza sport sport. Fingers crossed they decent😩

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I went for bridge stone potenza sport sport. Fingers crossed they decent😩
Bridgestone Potenza's i've found are quite hard. Good for mileage. Not my fav tyre anyways 🤣

They will certainly be better than a set of Winstons anyways

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Mines mk 3.5
factory mines had 17inch I think it was.
ive bought the 235/35/19. Was just contemplating on the above comment. Am thinking they might be small. If they fine then I’ll leave as is.
Just got them quiet cheap( Halfords deal over the weekend) and the deals done now….
Ah ok sorry thought yours was a mk2. Do the mk3.5 come with 19s? If so copy that size and you won’t go wrong.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.